PDA

View Full Version : WTF???? Car wont start??!?!?!

jnolte
01-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Okay i was debadgeing my car in my garage with the radio on and the car key turned to the 2nd postion before ingition. I decided to move the car and i got in and the car makes a weird Beep tone sound coming from the the passengers speaker. I try to start and it just makes a CLICK sound no ignition! It dosent even trun over? I looked in the manual and it says nothing about this weird Beep tone, but it happenes every time i turn key to 2nd postion before i ry to start. Ne body got any ideas? Battery?

MBATF
01-02-2004, 08:06 PM
You might need a jump my friend~;)

and also check ur battery connections

how long did u left teh key in teh 2nd position on for anyway?

jnolte
01-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by MBATF
You might need a jump my friend~;)

and also check ur battery connections

how long did u left teh key in teh 2nd position on for anyway?

Quite a while, i went inside and ate dinner and forgot to turn off the car. Damn! I just got majorly sidetracked! Ehh i think it is the battery, when i turn on wipers they are very slow on full speed. Xenon headlights-only one turns on and flickers. radio still works, dome lights dont! Look like i need a jump!

ryhi
01-02-2004, 08:13 PM
what did u use to debadge?? (not that it has anything to do with ur problem, but im just curious)

JRE320
01-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Next time you turn the keys to 1st when you like to listen to the radio. Your battery is drained and you need a new battery. If it's old and if it's new then you need a jump start w/c I don't highly
recommend. In your case there is an exception. :p ;) :)

jnolte
01-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ryhi
what did u use to debadge?? (not that it has anything to do with ur problem, but im just curious)

Hair dryer, dental floss, Gasoline, Goo gone, Black car wax

jnolte
01-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
Next time you turn the keys to 1st when you like to listen to the radio. Your battery is drained and you need a new battery. If it's old and if it's new then you need a jump start w/c I don't highly
recommend. In your case there is an exception. :p ;) :)

Jump start wont hurt anything will it? Now i gotta find jumper cables! BAH! this is no good on a friday nite! i feel dumb!

ryhi
01-02-2004, 08:22 PM
whats the gas for?? is the wax really necissary?

jnolte
01-02-2004, 08:25 PM
whats the gas for?? is the wax really necissary?

Gas is to get off the Adhesive residue works great. And wax is for that shine!! yes the wax is neccisary, it will be dull and ugly with out!!!

ryhi
01-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
Gas is to get off the Adhesive residue works great. And wax is for that shine!! yes the wax is neccisary, it will be dull and ugly with out!!!

in that case, is the goo off needed?

jnolte
01-02-2004, 08:28 PM
in that case, is the goo off needed?

nope but it makes life easier

josh k
01-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Gas also works great for stripping your clearcoat off ;0)

jnolte
01-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by josh k
Gas also works great for stripping your clearcoat off ;0)

Well u gotta be careful with it. I have had no problems!! Ive done it to SILVER C36, Silver CLK500, Opal CLK55, Black S-10, Black C43, White tahoe. and no damage on any!

98_Benzo
01-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Well u gotta be careful with it. I have had no problems!! Ive done it to SILVER C36, Silver CLK500, Opal CLK55, Black S-10, Black C43, White tahoe. and no damage on any!

J has a new name........THE GAS MAN

J...Need a jump? That's what American cars are good for....the battery lasts longer then the car...

MBATF
01-03-2004, 11:07 AM
hey, Jolnte...i think with the c43 u don't need to turn your key to any position to work ur radio, next time try to push teh on/off bottom...

ryhi
01-03-2004, 11:18 AM
after installing an aftermarket HU, will it still be able to turn on without the key in the ignition?

vas2vas
01-03-2004, 11:39 AM
after installing an aftermarket HU, will it still be able to turn on without the key in the ignition?

no, that is a feature of the factory radio, not the car... aftermarket becker HUs (like the Monza mp3 I have) and some blaupunkt HUs (eg Los Angeles Mp3 72) also have this feature, i don't know about any other aftermarket stereos...

jnolte
01-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
J has a new name........THE GAS MAN

J...Need a jump? That's what American cars are good for....the battery lasts longer then the car...

I gotta wait till the snow clears before i can get a jump, its so snowy up on my hill kevin!!! shit nobody goes nowhere!

MBATF
01-04-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
I gotta wait till the snow clears before i can get a jump, its so snowy up on my hill kevin!!! shit nobody goes nowhere! all u need is Jeep 4x4, or u can pay me, and i will drive up there gives u a jump.;) i do need some extra cash~

jnolte
01-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by MBATF
all u need is Jeep 4x4, or u can pay me, and i will drive up there gives u a jump.;) i do need some extra cash~

I do need a 4X4 truck. But i got it jumped today, shes all good now. SO the moral of the story is dont leave ur radio on tuned to 2nd postiion, and not in the snow either!! :D

Thanks for help guys!!!!!

Brabus
01-05-2004, 10:07 AM
You should get one of those battery jumpers, no other car required. They have some with air compressor and 12V plug too!

kameraguy
01-05-2004, 10:44 AM
edit: cool, it was just a dead batt. Good thing it was nothing else!!

davis449
01-06-2004, 09:43 PM
I believe if you turn on the HU without the key it will limit stereo play to an hour or two or something like that, saves your batt.