PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On Refinishing AMG Wheels

Andrew C280
01-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Hello
I might be able to have my broken rim fixed, I have to take it in and get is spun to check the hub to make shure its not bent and its worth refinishing, has anyone had there rims refinished, should I? how are they finished at the factory? any thoughts on the topic would be helpfull in decideing what I will do.

sph17
01-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Andrew C280
Hello
I might be able to have my broken rim fixed, I have to take it in and get is spun to check the hub to make shure its not bent and its worth refinishing, has anyone had there rims refinished, should I? how are they finished at the factory? any thoughts on the topic would be helpfull in decideing what I will do.

I have never used this company, but I heard about them on another forum.

http://www.fixrim.com/

You could also ask Luke the tire god at TireRack as he knows a lot of wheel repair places around the country luke@TIRERACK.COM

Good Luck

Lordkoo
01-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Since you are there, might as well powdercoat the set of wheels.

Andrew C280
01-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Got my rims back you can scrape the paint off with your fingernail not happy took them back and not getting any where,

Can't anyone do anything right

vas2vas
01-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Hello

fixed a bent rim on my bmw couple of years ago... was pretty happy with the results, looked brand new when it came back... cost was about $100/rim

vas2vas
01-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Got my rims back you can scrape the paint off with your fingernail not happy took them back and not getting any where,

Can't anyone do anything right

sorry to hear that, where did you take them?

Andrew C280
01-20-2004, 05:55 PM
I dont really want to say right now I dont want to distroy there reputation befor I allow them to fix it, it cost me 635 canadian they look good but the paint is not hard they had to weld a big chunk back in and the other 3 where a basic curb rash repair

Although i have been there a bunch of times allready

the thing that really piss's me off is that the one that i showed him i could scratch off with my finger nail was not repaired at all
you think he would have. I think that is just ignorante

Andrew C280
02-01-2004, 06:15 PM
they fixed the scratches but i dont think i would go back there after finding out how it was done i could do a better job in my garage for under 100 dollars here is a few pictures i need to pick up some new center caps next time i am at the dealer. Next time its powder coat, or bakeing the paint, or chrome

After (http://www.geocities.com/benzc280sport1997/P1010009.JPG)