PDA

View Full Version : sunroof..possible?

merc_lover
01-04-2004, 11:50 AM
is it possible to add the optional sunroof for the c-class? my missus dont have a sunroof and i was wondering if it is possible to add one....ill have to cut the roof but...is it possible??? im craving 4 a sunroof!

krazie604
01-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Yes it is possible, and when you get the sunroof put in, they actually weld supporting beams on your roof to even strength the integrity of your roof.

Webasto makes aftermarket sunroofs that look very nice. Webasto is the OEM for Mercedes.

Also look at ASC, but they have had terrible warranty issues.

You're gonna have to spend approx $1000 US to get one put in.

1SIKBNZ
01-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey! on the sunroof topic any way to turn one on a 99'c280 into one touch? (like the windows?)

MBenzNL
01-06-2004, 03:37 PM
NEVER ever - and I mean NEVER waste a perfect good car by adding a sunroof AFTERMARKET!

greetingz,

merc_lover
01-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
NEVER ever - and I mean NEVER waste a perfect good car by adding a sunroof AFTERMARKET!

greetingz,
whoa...why why?! :) im intrigued now.... any personal experiences?

edit: i mean...does it look bad, spoil the car in any way? tell me tell me:D.... i've been waiting 4 an answer....

krazie604
01-06-2004, 04:42 PM
THere is nothing wrong with adding a sunroof if you want as long as you use Webasto or ASC sunroofs. Remember, Webasto is the OEM for most car manufacturers. They have a lifetime warranty as well.. Just make sure you go to a Webasto distributor/installer that you can trust.

I've seen many new car dealerships using aftermarket Webasto sunroofs in it's cars for their customers.

I am in no way affiliated to any of these companies. Just telling you off by experience.

The answer that MBENZL gave you, is just a generic answer without any real thought or real insight.

merc_lover
01-06-2004, 04:49 PM
i was wondering why something like webasto would screw up my car...
thanks krazie604 ill check up on distributors...
but MBenzNL did install a sunroof 4 someone right? it kinda weird that mod man himself says no to a sunroof.... ;)

01-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by krazie604

The answer that MBENZL gave you, is just a generic answer without any real thought or real insight.

Waiting for his answer, please consider that MBENZL's opinion on Mercedes, and W202 in particular is, as per my exeprience in this and other similar forum, really a matter to well consider as a good suggestion.

merc_lover
01-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by 1998K
Waiting for his answer, please consider that MBENZL's opinion on Mercedes, and W202 in particular is, as per my exeprience in this and other similar forum, really a matter to well consider as a good suggestion.

i am considering his opinon, thats why
im waiting 4 his reply.... im really intrigued to know why steve thinks its a bad idea to put an aftermarket sunroof.....