PDA

View Full Version : Smell into cabin

01-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Yesterday, I noticed that during tunnel passage and/or in queue some bad exaust smell come into cabin also with recircle mode on (it was always activated in that cases).

Mine cabin filter is good (the one installed under the glove box) because changed less that 20000Km ago and well installed. Does exist other filter to change? Or other things to check?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi

jnolte
01-05-2004, 01:59 AM
No there are no other cabin filters

01-05-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
No there are no other cabin filters

THANKS jnolte. This is a good information.

nokia8860
01-05-2004, 07:54 PM
when you get out of your car can you smell it as well. ie, near the hood or in the engine compartment?

If you do check under the car and remove uncarrige cover to look at the oil pan and associated bits underneath and see if its covered with oil.

If it is, then check the coolant catch tank as well to see if you have bits of oil in there as well.

Let me know if this is what you find.

01-07-2004, 02:50 AM
thanks nokia8860, fortunately there are not any smell out of the car. There is only a little smell in the cabin as per a bad tightness of cabin sealing, this is because I was wondering about cabin filter or similar things.

...but may be that I'm only paranoid and it's normal smell coming from the heating element!