PDA

View Full Version : switch automatic for manual climate control?

toamend
03-31-2003, 01:47 PM
Hello all,
I was wondering if it's possible to switch my 99 C43 automatic climate control head with the manual one that is in a 99 C230. I think the auto one SUCKS, and you can't control side to side individually.

I doubt it's plug and play, and the dash panel would need to be changed, but is it possible without too much BS? Thanks-
WTS

ub_ahn82
04-01-2003, 03:41 PM
well.... i was looking to go the other way.. but i was told that i would have to gut the entire ventilation system and install a new one in order to acheive that

GrahamC230K
04-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by toamend
Hello all,
I was wondering if it's possible to switch my 99 C43 automatic climate control head with the manual one that is in a 99 C230. I think the auto one SUCKS, and you can't control side to side individually.

I doubt it's plug and play, and the dash panel would need to be changed, but is it possible without too much BS? Thanks-
WTS

Wow. There is always one!

Everybody I know with a w202, wants Climate. Not the other way around!

toamend
04-02-2003, 07:26 AM
After using both systems for a while, the manual is simply easier and more predictable to use. The Automatic thinks it is smart enough to compensate for ambient tempararture and ends up getting confused. Plus, I like the look of the selector dials and the rotor temp controls of the manual.

Anyways, too much of a job to actually invest in. If it was just the head and the panel then I'd do it.