PDA

View Full Version : how to disable ETS??

merc_lover
01-06-2004, 09:31 AM
does anyone know how to disable the ETS thing in cars which dont have an "ASR off" button?
shud i just take out the fuse that corresponds to the ets system, drift and skid all day long then plug it back on to go back home?

GDawgC220
01-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by merc_lover
does anyone know how to disable the ETS thing in cars which dont have an "ASR off" button?
shud i just take out the fuse that corresponds to the ets system, drift and skid all day long then plug it back on to go back home?

I'm assuming your talking about your w210, as the w202 does not have ETS. There is no way to disable the ETS system, I'm pretty sure. If you do remove the fuse to it, I think you will get error codes and idiot lights in your dash. Even when you plug it back in, the error codes and lights may still be there, resulting in a trip to the dealer to get them reset.

-G-

merc_lover
01-07-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by GDawgC220
I'm assuming your talking about your w210, as the w202 does not have ETS. There is no way to disable the ETS system, I'm pretty sure. If you do remove the fuse to it, I think you will get error codes and idiot lights in your dash. Even when you plug it back in, the error codes and lights may still be there, resulting in a trip to the dealer to get them reset.

-G-
no my 210 has ASR, the 202 does have ETS...its just not disconnectable... i can even locate it in the engine bay... a black box with a big ETS thing on it.... it appears in the manual too

GDawgC220
01-07-2004, 06:18 AM
no my 210 has ASR, the 202 does have ETS...its just not disconnectable... i can even locate it in the engine bay... a black box with a big ETS thing on it.... it appears in the manual too

Hmm...I know the w202's had traction control option, but didn't know it was ETS....always thought it was ASR. Are you in the USA?

I'm guessing if u pull the fuse, it's gonna give u error codes and the ETS malfunction light will come on.

-G-

merc_lover
01-07-2004, 07:58 AM
mine is a european car... came with ETS as standard and ASR optional (but i didnt get it)
the digital climate control was also optional. had to get lousy analog :mad: ;)

GDawgC220
01-07-2004, 08:07 AM
mine is a european car... came with ETS as standard and ASR optional (but i didnt get it)
the digital climate control was also optional. had to get lousy analog :mad: ;)

Ah, I see. Yea, no ETS on US w202's and ASR option. Tho, we do get digi climate control standard till 98 or 99 when they switched to rotary switches.

-G-