PDA

View Full Version : F'ed up my ride!

Denlasoul
01-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Well....it was bound to happen. In Seattle and the surrounding areas, it snowed like crazy today. The roads were pretty slick, and m cocky self figured I'd be ok for a quick spin around the block to get food.

Anyway, hit some ice and slid into a fence barracade. Dented and scratched both my right side doors. :(

Freaking eh, I tell you. I'm so pissed at myself. My wife even suggested we walk, but nooooooooooo...I wasnt hearing any of that!

Guess it serves me right. Not looking forward to the estimate.

jnolte
01-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Ohhh DLS nooo. I havent driven one second in this snow, ive had bad times in ice ( eh hum C36) Take some pics of the damage! At least ur okay! Apologize to her now and get her a S/C or get her a C/F hood! ;)

edub
01-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear that..

I am stuck at home.. Can't go anywhere..
W202 benz is sucks when its come to snow...

It's almost 5 inch around my area.. pretty deep snow we have

here's some pictures of my car in snow..

Winter Wonderland..
http://edubz.mine.nu/cars/benz/snow.jpg

http://edubz.mine.nu/cars/benz/snow2.jpg

moebiusgold
01-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Nooooo.:( Your C's body was perfect. Hope it looks just as good when it's fixed. I had lots of fun driving today. :D I didn't bother with the studded snows on the 116 and its like driving with a top fuel engine:rolleyes: Starting, stopping, and turning are a little more challenging, but that's even more fun. :D The roads, including 5 up north, were pretty empty because some many folks wennied out on work today.:p

martattack
01-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Sorry to hear that. We got about 8" down here in Olympia. I pulled my car out of the garage and as I pulled into the driveway, I immediately got stuck. I shoveled the snow from under the tires and pulled it back in. I figure it's just as well because I'd probably end up wrecking :rolleyes:

Eurosport
01-07-2004, 01:24 AM
damn DLS,
sorry to hear this sucks big time
mine is stuck on summer tires, i'm not buying snow tires for 3 days out of the year, so haven't been able to even move it since monday morning. it's covered with snow can't even tell what car it is anymore.
hopefully damage is not too much and your insurance won't go up the wazzuu

GDawgC220
01-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by edub
[B]Sorry to hear that..

I am stuck at home.. Can't go anywhere..
W202 benz is sucks when its come to snow...

It's almost 5 inch around my area.. pretty deep snow we have

here's some pictures of my car in snow..

5" is nothing for New England, lol. I'm use to driving in that stuff with my car now...even with the all season conti's. This is my third winter season driving in snow. Just gotta get use to it and kno-how to control da car.

Sorry about u'r car Denlasoul. Hope everything turns out alright. :)

-G-

bc24
01-07-2004, 06:01 AM
What up guys! Dennis that sucks! I am in Spain right now for 3 months and I wanna see the snow. Anyways, is there anything that I should be looking to buy for my car while I am over here that I cant get in the states. Anybody in Seattle want me to look for something? Dennis?

Brabus
01-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Dang, sorry to hear that... Shoot, I didn't know it snowed that much in Seattle. I'm coming back up in February... guy want to gtg?

jlomon
01-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Even *with* snow tires, my C280 is awful in the white stuff. I can't even imagine what a C43 would be like. I run it on Blizzaks and keep two 30lb patio stones in the trunk right between the shock towers.

I hope the estimate isn't as bad as you're afraid it will be.

Jonathan

merc_lover
01-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by bc24
What up guys! Dennis that sucks! I am in Spain right now for 3 months and I wanna see the snow. Anyways, is there anything that I should be looking to buy for my car while I am over here that I cant get in the states. Anybody in Seattle want me to look for something? Dennis?

where in spain are u?

kameraguy
01-07-2004, 09:36 AM
DLS, sorry to hear that man :(

If there's anything positive to be said, at least you guys weren't in a more dangerous situation, and at least the damage is body only...meaning you didn't plow your front end and cause engine damage and so forth.

But still, sorry to hear about this man :(

Denlasoul
01-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks for all the support guys. I'm just bummed b/c I could have prevented it all.

I'll be paying out of pocket so no claim on the insurance. Not worth my rates going up on my stupid account. :(

BoominVolvo
01-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by GDawgC220
5" is nothing for New England, lol. I'm use to driving in that stuff with my car now...even with the all season conti's.
-G-

Unfortunately, up here in the NW, the cities and counties have very imited snow plowing and sanding/deicing equipment. We tend to get sheets of ice from all the compacting snow, and the plows can't scrape it up.

J Irwan
01-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Damn dude

I Am sorry for the accident..

As I have been living in Midwest and learn not to take snow lightly....

That's why I put money on winter tires set... (believe it make a whole lot different, though it won't make you invisible on the snow). And Yes you will still be sliding with snow tires on but the difference is that now you have more control, since the rubber compound is designt be pliable under severe cold temp and the tread pattern is design for snow application :)

I hope the damage is not too $$$

Regardz,

ricerokets4life
01-07-2004, 12:40 PM
we had a snow storm here in the NE early december. even with snow tires on, conservative driving, and neighborhood roads somewhat plowed, my c280 was all over the place. i ended up going sideways on a couple of occasions.

bc24
01-10-2004, 07:35 AM
I am in Granada if you end up getting this post.

moebiusgold
01-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Brabus
Dang, sorry to hear that... Shoot, I didn't know it snowed that much in Seattle. I'm coming back up in February... guy want to gtg?
In years gone buy I have seen it snow as much as 18". I have never seen it below 0F but I have seen 3 degree F. It was 8 last Monday.
The snow that we do get is usually very moist which helps with the slippery affect. It's called Cascade Concrete on the slopes. It's closer to the lake effect snow that I was used to in WNY. Rarely is it light and fluffy like powder in the Rockies.:D
Brabus, Email me. I would like to arrange another GTG. You just provided the perfect excuse. Bummed that we missed you last time.

Denlasoul
01-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Update: first estimate is $1500. That includes only two new parts. :( Freaking $800 in labor!

I'm in the wrong biz.

C280 JR
01-14-2004, 10:20 AM
what kind of insurance do you have,...dont you only need to pay the deductable

Elvir

Denlasoul
01-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by C280 JR
what kind of insurance do you have,...dont you only need to pay the deductable

Elvir

I have full coverage with max limits. I dont want to claim this and have my insurance go up. Since I did it, might as well shell out the money for it.