PDA

View Full Version : "light out" on after installing HID's

Roman
01-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Hey Guys,

I just joined. I want to appologize for posting here, I don't own aW202. I hope it's not a problem, after all, we are all fellow benz drivers. I have a '95 w140 coupe. I come from bnzsport.com. I noticed that you guys (nokia8860 and others) know a lot about this kind of problem, and maybe could help me.

I installed HID kit (misterjung.com) in my w140 couple of months ago. I assume it's a bi-xenon kit, because same bulb does low and high beam. Looks good, the only problem is the "light out" is on on my dash. I've ignored it for a while, but now I want to get rid of it.

Nokia8860 advised this link

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1868

but I think it's not what I need. I think it's for those who go from 50W halogens to 100W halogens (from lower wattage to higher). I believe HID's take less current than normal 50W halogens. So, I went from higher wattage to lower. I have a couple of questions:

1. Will the relay still help here?
2. Do I need to know exactly how much current HID kit draws in order to get the right relay?
3. Where can I get this relay? Radioshack?
4. Do I simply install it inline? Which wire do I use, positive?

I hope this makes sense

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

nokia8860
01-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Please read page 2 of the link. You will see there are instructions for what you need to do to avoid the bulb out light.

Roman
01-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Nokia,
I just ordered two of those relays from talbotco. I'm supposed to get them in couple of days. Is this how it will look like? Or did I miss something? Did I put the resistor in the right place?

http://www.fralb.com/forum/uploads/skr/2004113162029_87a.jpg

Thank you!

Roman
01-14-2004, 09:02 AM
I just realized that I've made a mistake. The relay goes inline on the cable that connected to the old halogen bulb, right? So, on my drawing it's no the battery, it's whatever the two factory wires came out of to connect to the stock bulb.