PDA

View Full Version : MY A/C control light went out HELP!!

714guy
01-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Does anybody know if i can replace the light on the inside of the the conrtol unit ?? and how to do it??

Thanks alot

audiophile
01-12-2004, 11:24 AM
whats up , okay this is what you got to do, take out the a/c unit, like the radio, using the knife keys, or a small swiss army knife and it should come out. be careful not to drop the little white bulb socket, on the bottom of the unit , put your hand on the bottom of the unit when you slide it out, just to be on the safe side. take the bulb and replace it, and repeat the process;)

Hank
01-12-2004, 01:24 PM
lol.. the bulb is comparable to your average christmas tree light bulb... but MBZ somehow charges $3 for one.

714guy
01-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by audiophile
whats up , okay this is what you got to do, take out the a/c unit, like the radio, using the knife keys, or a small swiss army knife and it should come out. be careful not to drop the little white bulb socket, on the bottom of the unit , put your hand on the bottom of the unit when you slide it out, just to be on the safe side. take the bulb and replace it, and repeat the process;)

thanks alot for the help man.

GDawgC220
01-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Hank
lol.. the bulb is comparable to your average christmas tree light bulb... but MBZ somehow charges $3 for one.

MB bulbs are redicuously expensive. I had the overhead console lights out and the rear cabin light out. Took them and went to autozone to take a look...NOPE. Only MB carries most of the bulbs found in the car (minus the brake lights and turn signals)...charged $6 a piece for two bulbs. Raped as usual by the dealer :(

-G-

audiophile
01-12-2004, 07:39 PM
go to autozone or somewhere like that you'll spend $1.50, i know because i had to replace mine too.:cool: