PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot Sport

Eurosport
01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
anyone have them could give some insight on them?
i have S03's right now 15k miles on them they still holding pretty ok prolly 5k more is possible
thinking about michelins because i thought they are not as big as the S03's and might get rid of my little rubbing at big bumps
just thinking a little ahead here
thanks in advance

jnolte
01-13-2004, 04:40 PM
My neighboor has them on his w209 CLK. He says they have the best tread he has ever experienced.

moebiusgold
01-13-2004, 06:26 PM
I had them on my 116 and when they were new they had about the best all around traction, cornering, smoothness, ware, and quitness that I have experienced. The Pilot Sport Club is supposed to be way better... but They are way $$. The Pilot Sports A/S might not have the the dry traction as the S03's but I think that they are a better all around tire.

manny
01-14-2004, 07:18 AM
I'm running Pilot Sport A/S right now.
The wet traction is awesome.
Overall, while I am very pleased with the tires, I think next time I may try something else, a little less $$$. ;)

speedybenz
01-14-2004, 02:19 PM
The pirelli P Zero Nero's run tothe small size and work very well. I had a set of 235/40/17 on the front of my C43. I only switched them out because I wanted more traction from a bigger 245/40/17 Kuhmo MX. The kuhmop mx are also a very nice nice tire with great roadholding once warm and good wet weather traction, but they are much wider than the pirelli's or dunlops for that matter.

Jeff

P.S. I still have the Pirelli's with 85% tread and Dunlop SP 9000 with 80% tread(225/45/17)

WeatherMan
01-14-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm running the Pilot Sport A/S and they have been great but did not fair well at an autocross school- chunked and feathered badly, so the ride has not been good since then. The hard rubber has been really sensitive to uneven wear. The treadwear is good and the wet handling is very good. Think I may try the Kumho Ecsta MX next, though I heard the Falken Azenis Sport is a good one, too.

JRE320
01-14-2004, 09:47 PM
I heard that the Pilot sport is noisy but it handles well and it cost $$$. Why don't you try on the Dunlop super sport.

Eurosport
01-15-2004, 10:56 AM
i had sp9000 before the SO3's on the car
sidewall of them felt too soft in hard cornering also was tracking everysingle road imperfection

S0'3 do that tracking as well but not as bad, cornering can't compare with the dunlops, SO'3s hands down best, also very sticky on dry and wet, only downfall or i'd get the same, i want to try a little different tire, since these are on the thicker bigger size, to see if that eliminates rubbing alltogether even though only happens on very big bumps

Pirelli's to tell you the truth i don't like the way they look on rims, when you look at the edge of the rim then the sidewall goes up in towards the rim, i like the straight look

Yokohama's used to be good but i think they are old techn. could be lots better

Kuhmo's are pretty good but i don't know if they last long enough

Will have to give the Pilots a shot and see how they perform

Rocky
01-20-2004, 08:31 AM
The pilots were standard issue for the C43 I believe in Canada. Mine came with SO-1's. Whenever I go into a show room it usually has pilots. I'm on a set of pilots for the summer.

Hank
01-21-2004, 03:34 PM
I running Pilot Sport on my 210. 275/30/19 on a 10" width rim. Had rubbing issues before with Yokohama AVS Sport. But NO RUBBING at all with the Michelin. They're quieter and smoother than AVS Sport.

nukblazi
01-29-2004, 09:27 AM
I have had both the Pilot Sports (OEM + true) and the S-03's. The Pilot Sports are narrower and should eliminate your rubbing issue.

hvmercy
01-29-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm running them on my S2000. Good quality tires, more quiet than my previous S02's. For everyday use I'll recommend Pilot sport.
Robert

MRP Motorsports
01-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I ran pilot sports 235/40/17 and they had to be one of the best street tires I have ever ridden on, except for Toyo's RA1. Both wet and dry weather traction faired well.

lenwood
02-16-2004, 11:01 PM
had em on my c43 when i bought it. the had about 50% tread left. i thought they sucked! lots of roll. side wall too soft for my agressive driving. too much plow. i now sport a set of yoko avs sports(tirerack 135 a piece) killer! sticky,quiet,great wet and dry grip! highly reccomend you check these out next time you need tires

pierreS
02-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Dont know about the C43/Pilot match but I putted some TOYO T1S on my C43 last August and was pleased by the result. I dont feel that the sidewall is as stiff as a PZero but its very grippy and the wet traction is very good.

A LOT better than the original Conti that were OEM here in Canada.

Rocky
02-17-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by pierreS
Dont know about the C43/Pilot match but I putted some TOYO T1S on my C43 last August and was pleased by the result. I dont feel that the sidewall is as stiff as a PZero but its very grippy and the wet traction is very good.

A LOT better than the original Conti that were OEM here in Canada.

I had these tires 2 years ago. They tend to dry up or harden over time and become real crappy, especially if you swap them for winter tires, they harden up just sitting there through the winter.

pierreS
02-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Rocky
Thanks for the info (even if I dont like what your saying...) My car is stored for the winter in an heated garage so I'll see in a month or so if they harden.

I'll let you guys know
PS

Rocky
02-17-2004, 09:16 AM
The T1-S's are great tires new, no doubt about it and have great tread wear of 260 or so. I found that my set hardened after swhile so I dumped them before they even wore out, went back Michelins.

BTW, My T1-S's sat on my summer rims in a heated garage as well so no removing of tires each season.