PDA

View Full Version : Topsider oil extraction device?

jnolte
01-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Hey yoz

I am going to change my oil on my 43. I was gunna get under the car and pop off the drain plug but i had some trouble there..

SO i have decided to invest in a Oil extraction device. Where can i get one locally? Does automotive store carry these? I have never seen them in stores, i dont really have the time to order it on line. SO the question is where can i get a Topsider Oil/Fluid extraction device for a good price?

Kinda like this
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/MIT-7201.html

Thanks Dudes!!!!

:cool:

Renn 208
01-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Here's the path that I would take

1. borrow it from someone who has one

2. Call up boat supply shops and ask them if they have one

JRE320
01-14-2004, 09:29 AM
If I were you I'll just jack it up and unscrew the plug underneath.
It's much better than those Topsider. It breaks easily and a hassles to use.

merc_lover
01-14-2004, 01:57 PM
i heard that mb doesnt supply the bolt and washer 4 with the filter anymore (it forces u to use a topsider ....and u need to change at least the washer if u drain the oil if ya dont want oil leaks....

jnolte
01-14-2004, 04:37 PM
anybody have anytrouble getting off the oil filter cover? I cant even get to the oil filter bolt! The cover is cranked on there and wont bundge!

Renn 208
01-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
anybody have anytrouble getting off the oil filter cover? I cant even get to the oil filter bolt! The cover is cranked on there and wont bundge!

you using the right socket? it's pretty easy.

jnolte
01-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
you using the right socket? it's pretty easy.

No im not even to where i get to use a socket yet, im talking about the black cylinder cover around the bolt... hard to explain..its the oil filter bolt cover?? hmm

moebiusgold
01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
This is the same Black cover you had on your C36. You need the special wrench. The black plastic cover is the "bolt". The C43 setup with the O-Ringed spike is totally cool. When you pull that, a lot of the oil that is caught in oil passageways suddenly pours into the pan.:D The filter just pulls off the spike.

jnolte
01-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
This is the same Black cover you had on your C36. You need the special wrench. The black plastic cover is the "bolt". The C43 setup with the O-Ringed spike is totally cool. When you pull that, a lot of the oil that is caught in oil passageways suddenly pours into the pan.:D The filter just pulls off the spike.

FUCKKK! so i need to buy a special wrench too! shit, i hate Benz, special somthing for everything. I was thinking it pops off and then under that is the bolt thing like on the E430. Hmmm where can i get this wrench? Stealership? bah!

jnolte
01-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Okay i get it now. thanks for replies... I just need to find a Oil filter wrench now. thats it then i can change oil in my 43 like a mad man

Renn 208
01-14-2004, 05:55 PM
FUCKKK! so i need to buy a special wrench too! shit, i hate Benz, special somthing for everything. I was thinking it pops off and then under that is the bolt thing like on the E430. Hmmm where can i get this wrench? Stealership? bah!

Yep, be prepared for a major jacking of anywhere from $3-$12!:cool:

jnolte
01-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know why i would find a topsider at a Boat store? What do boaters use them as?

JRE320
01-14-2004, 09:28 PM
You make sure to get the metal one. Coz the plastic one slip and won't hold too good. ;)

Renn 208
01-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Does anyone know why i would find a topsider at a Boat store? What do boaters use them as?

You ever look for the oil drain plug underneath a boat before?

moebiusgold
01-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Change their motor oil!!!! See, on lots of boats its kinda hard to put an oil drain pan under the pan, let alone get it back out when its full. Actually, on lots its impossible:o .

jnolte
01-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Gee thanks for replies i feel dumb now lol

sf280
01-15-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
You ever look for the oil drain plug underneath a boat before?

LMAO

AUS-C36
01-15-2004, 06:51 AM
I think you should try draining out the oil from underneath, that way you'll drain all the contaminants out.

I would consider using an oil extraction device only if draining from the sump is extremely difficult.

Once you undo the 4 qty 8mm nut head screws for the plastic underbelly you are in business. Don't forget to loosen the oil filter housing first to release the oil lock so all the spent oil can drain back to the sump before you undo the sump plug.

martattack
01-15-2004, 07:22 AM
I changed the oil on out Bayliner boat last summer. I got the damn oil drain pan in there, but once I filled it up with oil, I was stuck. I had to get a fluid pump to get it out..

Anyway.. back to the subject. I have an Oil Extraction pump. It works pretty nice, and I really don't have jack up the car, take off the splash shield and get all greasy under there. I also bought a Oil Filter removal tool at Shucks and it worked like a champ.

09-08-2004, 03:27 AM
Sorry for this up o an old post.

Does the Dealership sell the oil filter removal tool? I was searching here (Italy) in auto car parts store with no result.
I ask before because dealership people normally tend to be unpleasant.

thanks so much

jnolte
09-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 1998K
Sorry for this up o an old post.

Does the Dealership sell the oil filter removal tool? I was searching here (Italy) in auto car parts store with no result.
I ask before because dealership people normally tend to be unpleasant.

thanks so much

I have a Topsider type tool called the Fluid Evacutator by Mity Vac.

It works great. I have used it about 4 times, and have changed the oil the normal way about 5 times. I like to switch it up some times to make sure every thing is chill under there.

Really, i dont really need the oil removal tool, i could of just alwyas done it the normal way (just as easy)

09-08-2004, 10:39 PM
I have a Topsider type tool called the Fluid Evacutator by Mity Vac.

It works great. I have used it about 4 times, and have changed the oil the normal way about 5 times. I like to switch it up some times to make sure every thing is chill under there.

Really, i dont really need the oil removal tool, i could of just alwyas done it the normal way (just as easy)

ehm sorry if my question was not clear or, may be, my english understanding is bad but I'm referring to that kind of wrench dedicated to the oil filter.

I belive that you have changed the oil filter after the Topsider work?

thanks a lot for your reply in any case.

Hi

jnolte
09-08-2004, 10:57 PM
ehm sorry if my question was not clear or, may be, my english understanding is bad but I'm referring to that kind of wrench dedicated to the oil filter.

I belive that you have changed the oil filter after the Topsider work?

thanks a lot for your reply in any case.

Hi

Oh sorry for the mix up.

the oil filter wrench i bought at the Dealership, it cost $$25 USD. A rip off if u ask me.

09-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Oh sorry for the mix up.

the oil filter wrench i bought at the Dealership, it cost $$25 USD. A rip off if u ask me.

25$ it's really obscene. This is why I'm looking for other possibilities, but where here?

:(

09-17-2004, 02:44 AM
25$ it's really obscene. This is why I'm looking for other possibilities, but where here?

Quoting myself:(

Also if obscene, my Stealership, because they are really a Stealer, do not sell my the oil filter tool!

For your info yesterday I bought: 1 oil filter (with washer for nothing, they are so kind), 1 air filter, 4 spark plug and 3X1.5 l of coolant: 89 Euro. It seems quite a lot. Coolant are expensive, spark plug and oil filter not so much.

Now I have to find our an oil filter wrench. :bored: :bored:

jnolte
09-17-2004, 12:43 PM
maybe a Mercedes mechanic could tell you where to find a oil wrench for you w202

09-20-2004, 01:53 AM
maybe a Mercedes mechanic could tell you where to find a oil wrench for you w202

Hi jnolte thanks for your suggestion and reply. Actually I'm looking from hardware tool because I found some brand (Italian/European) that produce this kind of filter oil removal. Basically the same that produce the same products for MB and other car manufactorer.

Mercedes mechanic here are almost the same place of official dealer. I'm quite sure that other mechanic utilize other solution (i.e. universal oil filter chain tool or similar) adapting them to MB application.

Marco:)

C280 JR
10-01-2004, 06:35 AM
so what is the name of this tool that you use to take out the oil filter, and who has it, i always change my oil and then end up going to a shop to get a filter change..its irritating....

Elvir

nokia8860
10-01-2004, 07:23 AM
Hey look what I found when using search (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2903&highlight=oil+filter+tool)

Ive also used a topsider many times to change the oil but I found it to be way quicker to raise the car and drain the oil the old fashion way.

For filters buy in bulk and save.... i mean youre always gonna use it anyways.

;) :p :D :cool: :bunny:

C280 JR
10-01-2004, 08:42 AM
thanks u da man

Elvir

10-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Yes, I've used the "search" but order that kind of tool from that site seems me a too big affair from here, so I have ordered from a local hardware tool. :(