PDA

View Full Version : springs or shocks or both

asreeve
01-14-2004, 09:58 AM
what would be the best for fairly decent ride quality: shocks or springs or both, and also which brands work best with 202's
thanks

Denlasoul
01-14-2004, 10:13 AM
What kinda of ride are you trying to achieve? Would you like something similar to how your car rides now? Lowering your car will definitely affect the quality...you could say the ride will be "rougher," more sporty. Also factor in wheels. If you plan on stepping up to a 17/18 inch wheel, then that means less tire rubber. Essentially meaning you'll feel the road more.

For the most part, the W202 has two main aftermarket springs. H&R and Eibach. Personally, I ride H&R's on stock shocks. I wanted to feel the change with just the spring swap first. I have a set of Koni adjustable shocks waiting to be installed. The bad part is that if I have them installed, I'd pay twice instead of doing it all at once. :(

I hear Eibachs are a little softer in the ride department, and they lower the car less.

If possible, I'd swap the springs/shocks at the same time. If you do springs first, then the wear on the stock shocks will be faster.

Hope this helps.

DLS

PS: Try doing some searches on this site regarding springs or shocks. You'll find useful information.

C280 JR
01-14-2004, 10:14 AM
depends what you are doing...do you want to drop your car..if so then both..if not then just shocks...springs will last forever....not really but will last for a long time

Elvir