PDA

View Full Version : Battery died on me today

merc_lover
01-14-2004, 02:22 PM
today my battery died on me and i had to rush out to buy a new one....weird thing is, the battery warning light never lit so it happened in the worst possible situation...parked in double line, couldnt start car, created traffic! :D:D
but i was also sayin gto myself "at last this darn battery died!" :D cos i havent changed it ever since i bought this car 8 years ago! thats kinda cool....now...fck me the mother is heavy!....got me a 680 Amp one too :) (much better than the old one which had 470 or so)

jnolte
01-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Happened to me but i just jumped the bitch

MBenzNL
01-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Mine ran out of alternator last week...quiet inconvenient...the diesel drives on without battery - that wasn't much of a problem...but the current drawn by my braking lights when I was shifting back with the clutch in and engine at idle was all it took to have the car die in front of a traffic light at the end of a highway :mad: ...

greetingz,

merc_lover
01-14-2004, 03:31 PM
LOL what'd u do? ask the guy behind u to jump start ur car right below the green light? :D:p

sorbo
01-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by merc_lover
fck me the mother is heavy

i had to replace my grandmas battery today, and yes she driver a new yorker, the classic grandma car. and hell yes a mercedes battery is heavy!!

MBenzNL
01-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by merc_lover
LOL what'd u do? ask the guy behind u to jump start ur car right below the green light? :D:p
in fact...YES...cause it was surf blau driving with his Norwegian 190D behind me...with starter cables (the alternator died out on my gf the night before and the car was parked at her parent's place)...

greetingz,

steponit
01-15-2004, 04:59 PM
How much did you pay for your battery and what brand did yo go with?

merc_lover
01-15-2004, 05:26 PM
around 80$ (:eek: ) and i went with Varta..the same manufacturer as the OEM battery... but this one is 200Amps bigger:) and half the size

steponit
01-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Where can I find these Varta batteries. Cuz I was on their website and they dont have a link to locate a US dealer. I hope Im not out of luck.

merc_lover
01-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by steponit
Where can I find these Varta batteries. Cuz I was on their website and they dont have a link to locate a US dealer. I hope Im not out of luck.

:confused: i got them in my local hypermarket...