PDA

View Full Version : 94 C280 cell phone wiring project

redgaucho
01-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Hello everyone!

It's my first time posting here, it looks like a great forum!

I am considering a little project on my 94 C280. It has the prewiring for the old analog Motorola cell phone. I would like to adapt the wiring to use the built-in radio/phone antenna, with the jack in the center console. I also would like to somehow utilize the power leads in the same center console plug to power and charge my current cell phone, a Nokia 6340i.

Does anyone have the needed wiring diagram? I really want to see how it's wire before I do anything... Has anyone done this before? Is it do-able? I would also consider buying a used analog phone of the kind that came with the car, mainly to use its phone plug in my attempted mod...

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Serge

Denlasoul
01-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Here is the wiring diagram for the W202 (Thanks to pnsji)
Click me (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=19298)

Also, I have read some How-to's for wiring cars (more late model type, but may help) at www.benzworld.org

vas2vas
01-16-2004, 01:45 PM
there should be two phone related plugs inside the center console, one black square plug, and a smaller plug for the headset.... wiring diagrams can be obtained by purchasing the cd based version of the service manual for the w202... the come up for sale on ebay from time to time...

cthirtysizzle
01-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I always wondered if the C36 AMG integrated phone system could be converted to work with a cell phone. That would be sweet to have the speakers/microphone/antenna rigged to work with a current model cell phone.

1SIKBNZ
01-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I have a 99 c280 and it had the phone system all built in (with the pad on the deck, microphone etc etc...) well the old deck got yanked to m,ake room for a new one but i know the wiring for the phone system is still back there somewhere any diagrams/info on the wiring for this system? i basically want to find the wire that connects to the mic, and the wire that sends output to the speakers. after that i wanted to try and take a hands free headset/mic for my phone and wire it into the cars existing (wire to handsfree mic to car mic and handsfree speaker to the wire that send it to the speakers in the car) that way i could just plug the handsfree into my phone and use my phone with the system?? any thoughts on this? i know its a lil crazy idea but *shrug* sumthin to play with. so any help on how this system works or if anyone has tried this etc etc.... would be awesome! thanks guys!

benzdude280
01-16-2004, 04:19 PM
If you need the old analog phone give me a shout. I might be willing to part with mine.

Cheers.

jnolte
01-16-2004, 04:22 PM
I got an analog phone and the dash phone thing where the DIn usually is, i dont use it and took it out, i can part with mine too!

redgaucho
01-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks, everyone

The info shared was helpful indeed. Now I know what the pins are for in the jack in the center consiole. I still need to get a hold of a good wiring diagram for the complete cell phone set up in my car, though... The alldata.com and ebay CD options are too expensive for me... single income, five beautiful children, u know what I mean...

I do have a cd but is incomplete at best. Has anyone heard if MB release the W202 full data cd yet?

Will post how my little project turns out when finished...

thanks again,

Serge