PDA

View Full Version : frickin radio

GuelphC230
01-16-2004, 08:35 PM
WAIT and code are flashing on my stereo of the 97 C230

battery died today so i guess it restarted...don't know the code and now I hae no tunes...:bored:

and I hate waiting for it to reset when I am incorrect with the code..so basically what i am asking is , Do I buy a new CD player?
or is there a factory default that mihgt work...I don't even know how to do it but I assume there is 5 numbers in the code

Thanx,
JEREMY

jnolte
01-16-2004, 08:39 PM
same thing happened to me in my C36, i dident know the code, called the dealership they couldent help me so i ended up buying a Pioneer deck...

J Irwan
01-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Call the dealer..

they should be able to help you with that..

it's just couple click for them to get the radio code...

If the radio has been changed to some other OEM radio from other car, the you have to pull-out the radio and read of some serial number/model number of the body of the radio so that the dealer can give the right code .. ;)

Regardz,

davis449
01-17-2004, 02:26 PM
If you bought the car brand new or if the person you bought it from took real good care of the records and gave you all the paper work, tear through it and you might get lucky, I did.

pnsji
01-17-2004, 11:36 PM
actually you could retrieve the code from dealer using your vin number. If this fail, then you need to take out the head unit and ask them to give you the code.

babycarlsson
01-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
actually you could retrieve the code from dealer using your vin number. ...

It will only take them a minute to pull it up, I did not have the code in my books either...