PDA

View Full Version : Turbos

Mr C280
01-23-2004, 01:14 PM
You Can Get A Mossleman ( I Think Its That Specific one) Bi-Turbo For 6500 But its Expensive as hell.. If you really want to do this because i have a 96 c280 and this proccess is already started for me you should take the turbo and intercooler off of a volvo 850 Turbo or t5 or even R and just custom fit all the piping to your car. you would also need to change the headers so they would work with a turbo. it might be some extra work but it will definately cost you less than 2000

martattack
01-23-2004, 01:40 PM
The actual turbo setups if done on your own actually aren't that expensive. The expensive part is getting enough fuel to the motor. Such as Fuel management units, bigger fuel pumps, higher flow injectors..etc. Also dealing with detonation is an issue that needs to be avoided... Low compression pistons, forged parts, igntion management...

My brother bored, stroked, and turbocharged his 1989 E30 BMW 325is. The little things are getting very expensive! Here is a list of the stuff he needed to buy to rebuild and turbocharge his motor:
http://matt325i.home.comcast.net/Webpage/turbo.html

JRE320
01-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Damn!! that's a pretty expensive turbo...:eek: ;)

MRP Motorsports
01-23-2004, 05:04 PM
I am manufacturing tubular manifolds for single turbo systems on the M103, M104, M102, and M111 engines right now. They will be done/completed in that order. Most of the manifolds have been already been designed, parts are already being cut, and fabbed. They will be made in quantities for those who are interested, to make them afforable. These are short runner street manifolds, hence, reduced lag and designed to be used with a T3/T4 hybrid Turbonetics turbos. Pricing will be comparable to other import manifolds for 4cyl and straight six engines. M104 manifolds will be ready by the end of February. M111 late March to April.

They will be available in mild steel with optional Jet hot coating and 300 series stainless with optional electro polishing. Repair and/or replacement warranties will be offered for stainless manifolds only.

Hopefully this will allow MB owners the same bolt on power option as other imports. "if only I could just bolt an turbo that didn't require fabrication or $6K." Well, here's your chance.

joesc280
01-23-2004, 07:21 PM
also what can you do for the headgasket....do you offer a thicker one to lower compression or something comparable....i have experience adding aftermarket turbos and this is one of my concerns being that the originals are so weak....added pressure would probably make these headgaskets leak worse than they already do....

MRP Motorsports
01-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by joesc280
also what can you do for the headgasket....do you offer a thicker one to lower compression or something comparable....i have experience adding aftermarket turbos and this is one of my concerns being that the originals are so weak....added pressure would probably make these headgaskets leak worse than they already do....

Using the upgraded OEM gasket with head studs Head studs are available from Raceware(http://www.raceware-fasteners.com/photo.htm), should be fine. I have a company that I spoke to that makes copper but the MLS gaskets are prefered over even the copper. I may be able to offer the stud kits from ARP also as a value added service.

Here is FAQ page on copper;

http://www.headgasket.com/faq.html#q2

Mr C280
01-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Im Also interested...
Sign me Up.

When you get it ready id love some more info on it

cian36n
02-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Mrp,

Do you have any pics for any of the manifolds that you have made so far, I am really interested to see them?

Mr C280
02-13-2004, 02:22 PM
MRP i think i just bought springs from you...!!!hahahahhah
Im sure theyre gonna make my car look presentable