PDA

View Full Version : nav gps antenna how to thread the wire?

detroit202
01-23-2004, 06:07 PM
ok i have my nav deck in place and know i have to put the gps antenna on the dashboard for anyone thats done it where is the best way to thread the wire through from the top of the dash to the back of the radio

thanks !

nokia8860
01-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Is this an aftermarket one?

detroit202
01-23-2004, 06:27 PM
yup finally i got the harman kardon traffic pro

www.hktrafficpro.com

the harness plugged right in... the antenna is just the little black square gps antenna but its gotta plug in the back of the deck.

----damn see the beauty of this site.. 1030pm and i get a response 5 min later!

thanks !

nokia8860
01-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Can you take a picture of the plug end? Perhaps there is an OEM solution to this. As in the 163 Install (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=180) I used an OEM extension to mount the GPS underneath the rear speaker.

If your antenna is small enough perhaps think about mounting it underneath one of the front dash speaker grills?

I do know both Brabus and SLK320 have aftermarket GPS and it is run on the passenger side A piller, and into the kick panel. You could try that as well if your cable permits.

detroit202
01-23-2004, 07:24 PM
the cable is just a little thin coax type with a clip at the end .. i dont mind the antenna being in the middle of the dash exposed

even if i could just drill a little hole right before the defrost vents as long as i know i can feed the wire down to the head unit id be happy

its just seems so tight in there.. but i havent really gotten a good look since i just got it tonight and i already slapped it in the dash i just need to pull it out tomorrow to attach the antenna

every thing was plug and play pretty much..the only thing i dident hook up was the reverse light switch cuz you have to run it manually .. after u put the car in reverse it will just redo the location so no big deal

here is a pic of the antenna

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pd1865c5f485f1a32562fec10d1424ded/f9d8ebb6.jpg