PDA

View Full Version : KLEEMANN Lightweight Flywheel and Perf. Clutch now available

nukblazi
01-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Hello-

Sorry my first post here is a quasi advertisement. My name is Thomas and I have been on the other boards for about a year or so. My quess is some of you will recognize me.

Well, I am posting this here because it directly relates to W202 owners with a manual transmission and a M111.

So here it goes, KLEEMANN USA and I had worked out a sponsorship last year for autocross. Unfortunately, this year they are not in a position to sponsor a private car. However, this mod will be worth getting for some of you, and I have tested it to Brandon's and my own satisfaction to be released to all.

Lump sum is C&P'd from my posts on other boards....

"Just passing along the info...

The KLEEMANN flywheel and clutch is available for ALL Forced Induction and N/A M111 motors, (W202/203, SLK). The flywheel is a T6061 Alum. single mass unit. There is a 6-puck clutch disk with a sprung hub. The pressure plate is a modified S4 unit with uprated spring rate.

There is a core exchange required. You must return your OEM unit to KLEEMANN USA.

The cost of the entire unit is $1500 USD + Labor

I've posted opinons here and elsewhere in the past. If anyone would like me to repost them I will gladly do so.

To anyone between Washington DC and northern NJ, I would be more then willing to meet with you and let you drive my car. I have had the prototype unit in my '02 C230K for >10,000 miles, I don't have a single complaint.

For more information regarding my experience with the unit, post here, to order email info@kleemannusa.com

Regards

Thomas

-
I've included a Dyno of my baseline w/ post install run. Please note that the greatest gain from this mod is feel. You can drive into the corners harder and further to downshift, and the power bog experienced with the stock dual-mass unit is gone exiting. This mod is great for Auto-X and track days, or the enthusiast who wants a greater feel on the street."

Edit- I forgot to include drag racing. I can 4k (rev limit w/clutch engaged) and drop it with zero slipping. Though I don't recommend launching like that without uprating your diff. I broke teeth off my pinion gear launching at the last autox in the '03 season.

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/attachment.php3?s=&postid=554253