PDA

View Full Version : HKS air filter falled off...

MBATF
04-16-2003, 01:57 PM
I was driving about 100MPH at 1 o'clock this morning, racing with a friend of my to the GYM who has a Honda prelude. at one point when i was breaking and drifed at a 90 degree turn, somehow my car hit a small bump on at the corner, and bounced a little. and teh next thing I know was teh check engine lights came on, and tehre was a weird viberation comming from teh engine, so I soon slow down, and I continued to drive to teh gym where is safe for me to stop. and when i open up teh Hood, iw as liek" WTF! where the hell is my intake filter!!!!?????? " then soon realized it had got lose and fallen beside the timming belt, and that was the coast the viberation, and as soon as i removed the filetr, the viberation stopped. and after a angery work out at the gym, i drove home with open intake. (the reason costed teh filter fall off was becuz the thr ring thta secure the filter got losen up.)

And just now I uninstalled teh HKS intake pipe, and reinstalled teh OEM air box back into the car.but now, my question are...

#1why is the check engine lights still on? do i have to reset teh ECU?

#2 Teh car sounds fine now, evrything runs smoothly, but could still have possible damges that will harm teh car???

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2208232.jpg http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2208173.jpg http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2208172.jpg

nokia8860
04-17-2003, 07:00 AM
Ouch :(

The check light came on because your MAS all of a sudden saw a gust of crazy air and it freaked out and caused a fault. You can try resetting it by unpluging the batter.

If you check light is still on afterwards you probably messed up the MAS.

Also depending on the after drive you could have sucked in little dirt particles that would have scorned your internals.

Brabus
04-17-2003, 01:22 PM
So tragic...:(

MBATF
04-18-2003, 12:19 AM
tragic.....it was INSAIN!!!!!!!!!!! the car was almost hit the curb when i did a 90degree turn. and before the turn i was slowing down from about 125mph...(i think i need big break kit)...and while i m turning the stuid filter fall off.....and then drove home with a open intake pipe...:bandit:

nokia8860
04-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by MBATF
(i think i need big break kit)

A great driving school is a better investment than the brake kit.

MBATF
04-19-2003, 02:27 PM
took 2 of those driving classes down at California Speed way long time ago..... i mena teh car was well under control...but....i think my car istoo low that teh suspension can be use fully... i m gonan rise my car up higher...

Renn 208
04-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
A great driving school is a better investment than the brake kit.

make that "...is a better investment than [insert performance mod here]" and you've got a big :werd: from me.

David: As soon as you learn all of those cool 5-0/VIP protection techniques, be sure to pass them on to me! Mmmm, J-turns.

MBATF
04-23-2003, 11:30 AM
I could do a 180 flip front eighter driving forward at 45 mph and flip teh car 180 without stoping and then keep going backward, or reverse teh metho, but it is hard to do in a w202 cuz of teh size, teh best is teh S-class, and E-class, on top of that, when i learned ow to do it, i learend in a Ford crownvitoria.

714guy
04-23-2003, 05:39 PM
Was the driving school pricey?? i would really like to learn how to drive my car better.

sanf
04-25-2003, 12:46 PM
when u had the filter off. how loud was it ? exhaust prob. louder too

MBATF
05-02-2003, 01:51 PM
dude, when my car started shaking, i stop teh car rightaway, cuz i didn't no what teh hell had happened, till i pop teh hood open, i did not wanan to rev...