PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever been done ?

manny
01-31-2004, 11:42 AM
I was just looking at " BBW ",s car in the gallery.
Being in the UK, obviously his windshield wiper parks on the right side.
Has anybody ever attempted to do this over here ? ;)

Denlasoul
01-31-2004, 01:56 PM
I dont think so. I would think it wouldnt be that hard. If you couldnt readjust you current wiper/motor, then you could probably just order one from Europe (RHD) and swap it it with your current one.

I wouldnt think it would be a good idea, since the purpose would be to clean the driver's side windshield. If you reversed the wiper, then all the dirt would accumulate in front of you.

martattack
01-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Mine parks on the right side from the factory :confused:

Anyone know what models/years parked on which side?

Steve (MBenzNL) has a little write-up about how to change the wiper parking place on his site at: http://www.mbenz.nl

EDIT:
If you reversed the wiper, then all the dirt would accumulate in front of you.

I don't understand what you mean by that? Where does the dirt accumulate?

SLAMMED_C
01-31-2004, 04:28 PM
it wouldnt b too difficult to park it on the right side.. I just made mine park in the middle of my windshield. was pretty easy to do.

jnolte
01-31-2004, 05:18 PM
On my C36 it parked on the Left side

on the C43 it parks on the right side??

SLAMMED_C
01-31-2004, 05:31 PM
out of all the benz's Ive seen at work.. they have all parked on the left side, have never seen any park on the right side.

moebiusgold
01-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
On my C36 it parked on the Left side

on the C43 it parks on the right side??

J, Like I tried to tell you once. You have the only one that I have ever seen park on the right. Figure out how it is done so I can do it. Straight up looks cools but I don't want to look threw the wiper. I wonder if you just keep on rotating the plate. Hmm, I've never tried. Maybe the next 0$ mod.:D

martattack
01-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
J, Like I tried to tell you once. You have the only one that I have ever seen park on the right.

Well, you can count me as #2.

Mine definitely parks on the right side as well:

http://hardattack.home.comcast.net/benz/Dsc06798.jpg

If you looked at Steve's (MBenzNL) page that I posted up near the top, you can see how to do a vertical wiper. I imagine if you rotate the offest plate 180 degrees you might be able to get it to the other side.

Here's his page: http://members.lycos.nl/mbenz/windshield_wiper.htm

Denlasoul
02-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
I don't understand what you mean by that? Where does the dirt accumulate?

Boomin-

I guess it's from being from IL, where it snows and rains alot. Say for instance that your windshield is covered with snow, and when you use your wiper the snow will be pushed to in front of the driver. If snow kept falling, then it would eventually build up. I dont think it would be anything drastic, but personally I wouldnt like buildup in front of me.

MBenzNL
02-01-2004, 04:12 AM
From factory ALL wipers on the W202 are set to driverside...so that when one wants to use one's wiper after a truck passed and hosed the windshield - the driverside will be wiped first...

Any single wiper that is parked differently has been modified afterwards (which is just a matter of changing the position of the arm that is screwed to the wiper motor).

greetingz,

BBW
02-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey, im KillerHERTZ on every other forum, Ive forget to request my name be changed...

This would be an expensive mod for something so small if you get what I mean?

MBenzNL
02-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by BBW
This would be an expensive mod for something so small if you get what I mean?
...erm...there is no money involved with this mod at all...just a matter of 1 hour of spare time and some common sense in combination with the proper tools...

greetingz,

BBW
02-02-2004, 12:11 AM
oops, I meant effort :confused: