PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in SoCal wanna help me install my OEM Xenons?

Goldeni245
02-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Does anyone in the SoCal Area want to help me install my OEM Xenon headlight assemblies? plus head light wipers.

I could pay ya ;)

qqbennyqq
02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
im in so cal, and i installed my xenon lights on my last car , but wit the 202 i just went to the store and they did it for me. saves so much time.

Goldeni245
02-02-2004, 10:14 PM
which store??

qqbennyqq
02-02-2004, 10:33 PM
what kinda xenon u have? where u located? what mods u have on ur car? just curious.

jnolte
02-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by qqbennyqq
what kinda xenon u have? where u located? what mods u have on ur car? just curious.

He bought stock HID from madskillz

Goldeni245
02-02-2004, 11:35 PM
yeah, I'll take pics of them.

I think you're talking about a shop that installs aftermarket kits, but I have an OEM xenon headlight assembly, so don't think just any shop can do it.

The headlight wiper and motors...that i sure as hell don't know what to do with those lol.

nokia8860
02-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Goldeni245
yeah, I'll take pics of them.

I think you're talking about a shop that installs aftermarket kits, but I have an OEM xenon headlight assembly, so don't think just any shop can do it.

The headlight wiper and motors...that i sure as hell don't know what to do with those lol.

Any shop that has a guy in the garage that can think can do this.

The process is the same as replacing the stock headlight assembly. No different.

Remove the corner light you will see screws that hold the lower trim as well as screws that hold the side of the headlight on. Remove those.

If you have headlight blades. They remove just like normal side arms. Pull on the cap and remove the bolt. Pull out the arm. There is a screw that holds the top of the headlight on the radiator support. Remove that. There is one more screw on the headlight assembly that is closest to the middle of the car. It is surrounded by a large black plastic cup like thing. Remove that as well. Pull out the electronic connector to the headlight and pull out assembly.

If you have headlight blades. Undo the the connections to it as well as unbolt it from the bottom of the headlight unit.

Installation is reverse of removale. Mounting of the blast should be in the front portion of the fender flares. Basically you need to lift the car up and pull back the fender liner and find the mount point for the ballast.

Should take no more than 1 hr. Also make sure you up your stock fuse if you havent already.

No shop, no fuss just better lighting.

Brabus
02-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Seriously... it'll be enriching to learn how to DIY!

Jo'sC36
02-04-2004, 04:22 PM
But if your rich and have money to burn...take it to a shop.

This way, if anything goes wrong with the lights you can blame the dumba$$ at the shop and most of all you dont get your hands dirty.

Just kidn' man....like Brabus said, DIY, you'll be surprise how simple it is to remove and install a doorpin. Just kidn again. :D

-Jo's C36