PDA

View Full Version : Porterfield pads

ruffino28
02-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Plz help i just received Porterfield brake pads for my 95 c280 the problem was the front pads with no sensor holes anybody know the pads that i got are the right one or not

speedybenz
02-03-2004, 07:54 AM
You can just disconnect the sensor and it will not cause any Check lights to go off.

It is what I do, but then will not have the brake wear indicator light.

Jeff

ruffino28
02-03-2004, 09:06 AM
thanks speedybenz so u use the same pads with no sensor holes
but u know what a friend of mine got the same pads he ordered from other company those came with that holes do u know why???
actually i dunno how to post pics if not i can show u the pads

nokia8860
02-03-2004, 09:27 AM
I run without sensors as well. Actually its better you dont run the sensors since most aftermarket pads heat up more than oem causing the sensor to malfunction.

Beside its better to look at your pads than to use that light on your dash :)

As for why your friend has a hole and yours does not. Could be production changes. Best bet is to ask the manufacture why.

ruffino28
02-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks nokia

Rocky
02-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Nokia is right as always..better to look. Sometimes pads wear unevenly and since the sensor is only placed one side, it can cause mis readings.

If you really want to put in the senseros, just cut a slit like the stock ones and mount the sensors

jlomon
02-26-2004, 11:59 AM
My mechanic just drilled holes in my porterfields to have somewhere to put the wear sensors. I know, I know...I would've done them myself, but it was December in Toronto. I'm not that desperate to commune with my car....

Jonathan