PDA

View Full Version : trunk problem

marksbenz
02-07-2004, 10:06 PM
When i press the trunk button to open the trunk nothing happens. Just makes this noise coming from behind the rear passenger side seats. What seems to be the problem. When i open the trunk manually i hear like a hissing sound coming from the trunk. Pls help. Thanks.

JRE320
02-08-2004, 01:15 AM
It is nice to have a trunk switch. However it is nicer to have the repair section handle it.;)

MBenzNL
02-08-2004, 02:34 AM
The sound behind the rear seat is the vacuum pump that is suposed to open your trunklid...
The hissing sound you hear is the sound of escaping air blown into the vacuum line by the vacuum pump to open thr trunklid...

You have a vacuum leak.

greetingz,

J Irwan
02-08-2004, 11:13 AM
I had that similar problem ones

the central door lock doesn't work at all
however the frist time I unlocked the car via my infra-red remote

all door opened, but I notice there was this hissing noise coming from the back and trunk area

So I drove home, on the way home I try to lock the door but only the driver side is locked, while the rest of the car is not.

So I finally I remember about the hissing noise, and decided to opene the trunk latch..

and true enough one of the vacuum hose that connected to the trunk lock got accidently disconnected..

so I reconnect the hose and problem solved..

I wonder how much the dealer going to charge if I were to bring my car to get this fix.. :)

Regardz,