PDA

View Full Version : scratched wood

audiophile
02-08-2004, 09:56 PM
hey what's up, okay i have a little problem that's been bothering me for awhile. the wood where the shifter is,has little scratches looks like spider webbing kind of like the paint on some cars. any suggestions? rubbing compound? thanks;)

jnolte
02-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Maybe your finish over the wood is scratched? I had this on my dash and used indoor wood cleaner for like dining tables and it took away the scratch marks.

audiophile
02-09-2004, 02:25 PM
would pledge help

jnolte
02-09-2004, 04:46 PM
i used it

Andrew C280
02-09-2004, 06:52 PM
depending on how deep the scratches are. you might want to use meguires 4 stage car wax, i used it with a buffer to polish the deap gough out of the clear glass on my shifter knob although this is different i dont know how thick the clear is on that part you might endup cutting through to the wood parts which might not be to good, worked great on the shifter knob if you would like to try i can take a pic of the products you need and explain in more detail. like i said i was skeptical that it could take a deep gouge from a diamond ring out of the shifter plastic/glass but it did with amazing results cant wait to try there products on my car paint hope they yeild the same awesome results if it can polish clear plasitic with out leaving swirl marks i bet it does wonders for the paint

audiophile
02-09-2004, 08:22 PM
yeah the scratches aren't very deep there hairline scratches if you will. not deep but noticable espicially when the light hits it.