PDA

View Full Version : Clarion DX735MP

jnolte
02-10-2004, 12:30 PM
So i got my Clarion DX735MP off ebay for 130!! its like a 300+ dollar deck its brand new! SO i installed it yesterday and its working great BUT one thing, the memory dosent work, i program the song titles, messages, clock etc and when i turn off the car and leave it for long periods of times it resets the unit. How do i need to wire to to keep a constant power so the memory stays? There was 2 yellow wires with fuses on them that come with the clarion wire harness, one also had a little blak box attached to it, im sure this is the memory unit, since there is only one yellow wire that says "constant 12v power" i connect both yellow wire to it. IIn the manual it said to run it all the way to the battery. what should i do?

C280 JR
02-10-2004, 01:21 PM
hmmm..the only thing about my cd player when it comes to memory is it cannot remember where i left off with my MP3's everything else is stored

Elvir

jnolte
02-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by C280 JR
hmmm..the only thing about my cd player when it comes to memory is it cannot remember where i left off with my MP3's everything else is stored

Elvir

Elvir

what did u wire the 2 yellow wires with the fuses and one with the liitle black box to?

benzdude
02-10-2004, 03:37 PM
see if this helps:

from http://www.clarion.com/usa/service/manual.htm

Title: What is the wiring code for my Clarion unit?
Category: FAQs
Sub-Category: Audio
01/30/2002

Clarion uses the industry standard wiring colors. Not every unit will have all of the listed wires

SPEAKERS:
White=left front +
White/Black=left front –
Gray=right front +
Gray/Black=right front –
Green=left rear +
Green/Black=left rear-
Violet=right rear +
Violet/Black=right rear –

POWER/ACCESSORY
Yellow 14ga=battery main/memory
Yellow 18ga=battery CeNet power/memory
Red=accessory (ignition on)
Black=ground
Blue=antenna turn on +
Blue/White=remote turn on (amps) +
Orange/White=dimmer
Brown=phone mute
Orange=parking brake video lockout
White/Red=CCD (camera) input instant on +

pnsji
02-10-2004, 03:41 PM
make sure you connect:
memory -> constant 12V
power on/off -> ignition

jnolte
02-10-2004, 04:42 PM
okat i connect the memory to the constant 12v (yellow wire on VW harness) i also connected the other memory Cnet to the constant 12v. I used a connector and split both into one is this bad?

jnolte
02-10-2004, 05:19 PM
ahhh, my memory reset again!! its weird cuz it will remember it, only for a few hours though. If i leave for 3-4 hours and turn on my car again the deck resets. But if i leave for like 40 min and come back it still has memory. I am stumped! I have connected both power/memory wires to the one VW harness 12volt constant wire(yellow) and still does not work correctly..any ideas?

I have the 2 seperate clarion wires the:

Yellow 14ga=battery main/memory
Yellow 18ga=battery CeNet power/memory

going to the ONE VW/Audi 12v constant power wire (yellow) is this correct? its kinda weird having 2 wires going to one.

martattack
02-10-2004, 06:17 PM
I have a very similar deck to yours. You are correct that both yellow wires should be connected to constant power. And the Red wire to ignition 12v. Normally the situtation that you're explaining happens when the Red and the Yellow wires are reversed. Is that deck specific to Mercedes Benz? Or is it supposed to be only for VW/Audi? That may be your problem there.

Martin

jnolte
02-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
I have a very similar deck to yours. You are correct that both yellow wires should be connected to constant power. And the Red wire to ignition 12v. Normally the situtation that you're explaining happens when the Red and the Yellow wires are reversed. Is that deck specific to Mercedes Benz? Or is it supposed to be only for VW/Audi? That may be your problem there.

Martin

Okay this is what i am going to do then. Attach both yellow wires to the Red and the red to the yellow. U think this will solve the dilemma martin?

martattack
02-10-2004, 06:56 PM
In my experience of installing who knows how many decks, that problem is always associated with reversing the red and yellow. I'm not going to say 100% it will work, but it shouldn't hurt anything and I think it should fix your problem.

Unfortunately the previous owner ghetto rigged the wiring of my old deck, so i just tapped into the wires he already cut. I only had to hook up Power, Ignition, Ground, Illumination and Antenna. I have amps that run to all the speakers.

jnolte
02-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Okay i just did it, now i just gotta wait and see if the memory stays!!

jnolte
02-10-2004, 08:12 PM
YEEE HAWWWWW!! it works! woot woot!! so it turns out VW harnnes for MB the 12v and ingnition need to be switched... thanks for help everybody!!!! mission accomplished!

martattack
02-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Glad it worked out for you! Lets see some pics.

jnolte
02-10-2004, 10:10 PM
In real life the amber color goes perfect with the dash, i can change it with 80 diffrent color combos. Great deck, its black and the knob is chrome, it matches the w202 interior perfect!

http://benzworld.org/gallery/pics/11922338052211200421516AM.JPG

98_Benzo
02-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Nice deck man, now we know what you listen too....50 Cent? Who's that? That must be the price of the CD? So, that CD player also reads the price of the CD? that's a weird feature.:confused: :confused:

shydcstyle
02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Congrats jnolte.

Looks good, Can anyone tell me the difference in the 835 and 735?? Looking into getting one of them.

jnolte
02-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
Nice deck man, now we know what you listen too....50 Cent? Who's that? That must be the price of the CD? So, that CD player also reads the price of the CD? that's a weird feature.:confused: :confused:

thanks mang, yeah 50 cent weird huh..

martattack
02-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by shydcstyle
Congrats jnolte.

Looks good, Can anyone tell me the difference in the 835 and 735?? Looking into getting one of them.

The 835 has dual 24bit D/A converters (it's related to the output quality)
728 possible display colors with reversible backlight
larger display
motorized faceplate.

and probably a few other little things.

Here is my DXZ-835MP:

http://blauschwarz.home.comcast.net/stereodark.jpg

Martin

jnolte
02-11-2004, 06:34 PM
I dont think the display is larger, looks the same to me

martattack
02-11-2004, 06:43 PM
I think the actual inner part of the display is bigger. (where the text stuff is).. maybe i'm just trippin'

jnolte
02-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
I think the actual inner part of the display is bigger. (where the text stuff is).. maybe i'm just trippin'

its all good mang, im always trippin lol

C280 JR
02-11-2004, 07:11 PM
thanks to me, now we all have a clarion....jeyyy us! lol

Elvir

shydcstyle
02-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Okay finally installed my 835 but I don't hear the cd playing. Can anyone help me with this problem??

I have tried mp3 and original cd still no sound, but tuner works fine.:confused:

martattack
02-27-2004, 01:16 PM
It sounds like you have connected up the Blue Power Antenna wire. Hook up the Blue and White Amplifier connection wire instead.

The blue wire only has power when the tuner is turned on because it tells the power antenna to go up. The Blue and white wire is for amplifiers particularly because it puts out power when the deck itself is on.

I hope this helped
Martin

shydcstyle
02-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks Martin

That was the problem. Hopefully I will have pictures soon.