PDA

View Full Version : Removing audio wiring harnesses. Need help.

max2105
02-12-2004, 03:50 AM
Hi,
I need to remove all the audio wiring harnesses that go from the radio to the trunk (for CD changer connection) and to wherever else the harness leads. Does anyone have an audio wiring diagram/schematic?
Thanks,
Sergio

Denlasoul
08-28-2005, 10:33 PM
bump.

Ok, so I want to remove my CD changer cable from my car. I took apart my car and found some problems. Maybe some of you can help.

1) The CD changer plug behind the radio consists of the ten pin connector and a brown wire (ground, I'm guessing). The brown wire is connected to my other plug (the one for the speakers). Those who have removed your CD changer and wire, where/how did you ground the brown wire?
2) Is it really that much of a pain in the ass to remove this CD changer cable? I was taking apart my car and it looks like a pain in the butt to take out. Am I missing an easier way?

I guess that's it for now. Thanks for your help.

Beau M
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
If its unhooked, why not just leave it in?

Denlasoul
08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Beau M
If its unhooked, why not just leave it in?
Do you mean the CD changer cable or the brown wire? Ths brown wire is connected to the CD changer cable, which I want to remove.

edit: ok got some pix:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/denlasoul/CDChangercable.jpg
In this picture, see the brown cluster of wires? I believe it is the ground, but it is connected to this wire harness also:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/denlasoul/CDChangerCable2.jpg
So how do I separate the wires? I dont want to cut anything. Can I just pull the wires out from the CD cable? Is that a smart thing to do? If it can be removed in that way, what do I do with them, tape them off?

Also, got in my VW harness for my new HU. It's a 16-pin and all 16 pins will not be used, right? So what do I do with those extra wires, tape them off or can I remove them from the harness? Lastly, the harness has a blue wire for Power antenna, and a blue-white wire for remote turn on. I'm guessing that the power antenna is not to be used (I dont have a power antenna), but the blue-white wire is to be connected to the Ant trig (12V when radio on) or pin A5, right?

Please help as I have lost several brain cells due to all this confusion. I'm pretty sure it's easy, but this install gots me sounding like Elvir. ;)

Beau M
08-30-2005, 05:51 AM
I dont understand why you would want to remove the CD Changer harness, or the brown wire. If the CD changer is no longer hooked up, due to a new deck, then shove the plug back into the dash and forget about it.

Denlasoul
08-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Beau M
I dont understand why you would want to remove the CD Changer harness, or the brown wire. If the CD changer is no longer hooked up, due to a new deck, then shove the plug back into the dash and forget about it.
I hear ya, but I was hoping to get the changer out and wire, so that if I pass it on then the new person does not have to buy the wire. I hear its expensive.

J Irwan
08-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
I hear ya, but I was hoping to get the changer out and wire, so that if I pass it on then the new person does not have to buy the wire. I hear its expensive.

D,
I would leave the wire there.

The wires should go with the car, not the changer ;)

If you sell the OEM changer and the buyer's car doesn't come pre-wired the he will need to buy the wires.

AFAIK all C36 and C43 comes standard with CD changer :)

Regardz,

Beau M
08-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Anyone who wants a changer in their car would probably just get an aftermarket with an FM modulator anyway.