PDA

View Full Version : do all cars with remotes have the feature of closing the windows and sunroof

Andrew C280
02-13-2004, 06:13 AM
Hello, I was reading my manual for other reasons and I came across, a part that said the clickers can close and open the sun roof and windows, do all C280 Sports come with this feature or is mine not programed right, or is mine missing the part that is needed, i guess what i am asking is it an option or does it come on all factory cars ?

Renn 208
02-13-2004, 06:17 AM
I have yet to run into an MB that didn't do this. Does that mean that everyone's got it? Not sure. One thing to note though for people with dual IR/RF keys is that you need to point the key at an IR sensor for it to work.

Test it out by leaving your windows open and getting out of the car. Just hold down your lock button for a while and see if the windows don't close on you.

Andrew C280
02-13-2004, 06:21 AM
I only have the IR key its a flip out like VW i tryed it the other day and i dont think it works do i have to take it to the dealer so they can activate it in the computer ?

J Irwan
02-13-2004, 07:00 AM
what year is your car again

my 1997 C36 comes with IR as well.

And if I press and hold the key button even the opened sunroff will be close automatically

Regardz,

tommyt77v1
02-13-2004, 07:42 AM
from my understanding it only works with 98+, for the ppl with factory alarms?

benzdude
02-13-2004, 08:01 AM
I have a 95' c280. I believe it has a factory alarm but no factory keyless entry. My car has the "comfort closure" option.

When I hold the key in the lock position for an extended period any open windows and sunroof automatically close.

I installed an after aftermarket (ungo) keyless entry system that includes a 20 second pulse when you lock the doors. Now when I lock the doors, any open windows and/or sunroof will close.

Renn 208
02-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by tommyt77v1
from my understanding it only works with 98+, for the ppl with factory alarms?

per J's post and my 97 w210, your statement is not correct.

Andrew,

If you sit there with the key pointed to an IR sensor and hold down the lock button for more than 30 seconds without the windows closing (or opening when you're unlocking the car), then perhaps this functionallity is not working in your car.

Andrew C280
02-13-2004, 09:05 AM
my car is a 1997 C280 sport

pnsji
02-13-2004, 11:31 AM
make sure you hold the lock button all the time and you are close to the driver side sensor (by the handle) and point at it.

wolfeman
02-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I have a '97 C230. I can only close the windows and sunroof if I point the remote at one of the green/red sensors within 30 seconds after exiting the car. After that, the time has expired and they will not close by simply holding down the button on the remote.

detroit202
02-13-2004, 11:58 AM
off topic but i havent heard the word "clicker" in 10 years

its what my granpa called the tv remote

"hey boy pass me the clicker"

:D

Renn 208
02-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by wolfeman
I have a '97 C230. I can only close the windows and sunroof if I point the remote at one of the green/red sensors within 30 seconds after exiting the car. After that, the time has expired and they will not close by simply holding down the button on the remote.

A-ha! that could be the key piece of information.... regardless though, you should still be able to open the windows and sunroof without time constraint.

Eurosport
02-14-2004, 07:45 PM
mines a 96 and works

BenzMeister
02-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
A-ha! that could be the key piece of information.... regardless though, you should still be able to open the windows and sunroof without time constraint.

I have a 99 C280 and the remote closes, opens,the windows and sunroof and locks and unlocks the doors, however if you happen to let off pressure on either procedure, your have to unlock and lock again so the window feature works, also if you unlock the doors and don't open one they relock after a while, including the gas door. I can also program my keyless entry to open just the drivers door on the first click and then the others on the second, but all the windows will open and also the sunroof if you keep pressure on the buttom.

JAY4
03-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Where are the IR sensors located on a '98 c280 ?

vas2vas
03-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Andrew C280
Hello, I was reading my manual for other reasons and I came across, a part that said the clickers can close and open the sun roof and windows, do all C280 Sports come with this feature or is mine not programed right, or is mine missing the part that is needed, i guess what i am asking is it an option or does it come on all factory cars ?

my 95 c280 didn't come with a remote, but I can close windows and sunroof by holding the key in the off position... i can also roll them down by turning it in the on position... my car came with factory alarm so I'm inclined to believe that this procedure is a feature of the alarm system...

wolfeman
03-09-2004, 05:01 AM
If the '98 models are like the '97's, there should be sensors on both sides of the rear view mirror (green and red), on the driver's side door handle and th trunk lid, directly below the key hole.

Dan The AMG Man
04-05-2004, 08:26 PM
works on a 96

BenzMeister
04-06-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by vas2vas
my 95 c280 didn't come with a remote, but I can close windows and sunroof by holding the key in the off position... i can also roll them down by turning it in the on position... my car came with factory alarm so I'm inclined to believe that this procedure is a feature of the alarm system...

My 99 C280 has the remote and key feature, What does your key look like, is it long and skinny or is it a regular key type shape? If it is long and skinny, then it should be part of the remote clicker.

dwang
04-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Not all MBs are equipped with this feature. My 2000 ML has a IR remote with the flip out key, but does not include this feature. I also tested the 30 second rule, that does not apply. I shut the car off and went inside. After about 5 minutes, I came back outside to shut the windows and sunroof via the remote and it worked like a charm.

Dave

BenzMeister
04-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by dwang
Not all MBs are equipped with this feature. My 2000 ML has a IR remote with the flip out key, but does not include this feature. I also tested the 30 second rule, that does not apply. I shut the car off and went inside. After about 5 minutes, I came back outside to shut the windows and sunroof via the remote and it worked like a charm.

Dave The 30 second rule? you mean if you unlock the car with the remote and don't open a door the car relocks? I have that feature, and I thing it is OK, also the light feature which when you turn off the outside lights at light, when the last door is shut the light will come out for about 30 or so seconds. You can have this feature adjusted for more or less or no lights at your dealer, I am also told you can have the 30 second locking feature adjusted or shut off at the dealer. Another feature I like about German cars, you can never lock yourself out of the car. Mercedes and a Bimmer I had this, if push down the driver door lock buttom or lock from the remote inside the car, the driver door buttom will pop up when you get out and closed it.

vas2vas
04-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by BenzMeister
My 99 C280 has the remote and key feature, What does your key look like, is it long and skinny or is it a regular key type shape? If it is long and skinny, then it should be part of the remote clicker.

no it's a regular key, my car didn't come with a remote...

fastmayte
04-07-2004, 06:17 PM
my 95 does this, i only have the key, no remote

BenzMeister
04-08-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by vas2vas
no it's a regular key, my car didn't come with a remote... Yes, it didn't. My wife's 94 Audi, has a regular key also, but you can close the window and close the sunroof, but you can open the windows with the key,if you hold the key in the lock position and unlock all the doors and the rear lid.

Kswiss
05-23-2004, 10:45 AM
If you have a lazer cut key, this option will work ( you must have the IR reciever also). This comes factory with all mbz with ir recievers and control. not that hard to do guys! just point and click and it should work, if it doesn't then you dont have the option !