PDA

View Full Version : Alarm question.

1SIKBNZ
02-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey guys, can somebody with some alarm knowledge check this out...could this work on factory alarm on a 99 c280? based on where they say to connect the wires to? i think this would be a nice lil adition if it actually works.... if it could directly hook up where/what wires would i be hooking it up to coming off the stock alarm? thanks in advance!

1SIKBNZ
02-14-2004, 04:14 PM
http://7925.adahost.com/computer/index.html?loadfile=item12876.html

1SIKBNZ
02-14-2004, 04:15 PM
disregard that link... didnt wrk right....sorry...heres the info on it

THE MATRIX
RADAR SYSTEM
2.4 GHz Field Disturbance Sensor
Works With Just About Any Car Alarm Alarm System!
(Leave You Windows Down And Your Stereo Is Still Protected!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The M.A.T.R.I X- is a field disturbance sensor that uses an ultra high frequency to detect movement within a contained area. The sensor is ideal for protecting open areas such as convertibles, boats, campershells and can be used for ultimate protection in any vehicle. The M.A.T.R.I.X. is extremely stable and reliable, not affected by noise, temperature.wind or sun.

Mounting:
Positioning the M.A.T.R-I.X. sensor in the vehicle is crucial for proper operation. The sensor must he mounted vertically or horizontally, centered in the vehicle and as low as possible. The sensor projects it's field directly above, in front and behind the sensor in a 360' deg pattern For most vehicles it is recommended that the sensor be mounted under the center console or under the rear seat. The M.A T R I X. sets up a field that will penetrate plastic, glass, wood and most other materials EXCEPT metals This will allow you to mount the sensor out of sight. It is recommended that the sensor be placed and then tested before actual mounting is done.
Wiring:

The sensor has three wires that must he connected Here are two common ways the M.A. I -R.I.X, is Interfaced with an alarm system:
A.) Most alarms: Connect the RED wire to a fused. 12vdc. (+) constant source. Connect the BLACK wire (-) to a stable chasis ground or the negative post of the battery Connect the WHITE or BROWN wire to the negative accessory trigger o! the alarm unit.
B.) For alarm systems with an armed (-) output, connect The RED wire as shown in the diagram. Connect the BLACK wire to the negative armed output of the alarm such as a negative starter kill output. Connect the WHITE or BROWN wire as shown.

Adjusting the Sensor:
You must adjust the sensitivity to fit the vehicle that it is installed in. If the sensor is too sensitive, the fields will extend beyond the enclosed area of the vehicle through the glass and can activate the alarm if someone walks by the vehicle. However, the sensor should trigger when an aim or body reaches inside the vehicle Begin testing with the sensitivity adjusted half-way with the sensor placed in it's desired mounting location Some larger vehicles will require more then one sensor for total coverage. To adjust the sensor to he more sensitive, turn the adjustment screw CLOCKWISE For less sensitivity.adjust this screw COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. Test alarm and adjust the sensitivity to your desired setting

Addititional Notes:
The radar sensor is equipped with two L.E.D. lights, one GREEN and one RED-The green L.E.D. indicates movement within the sensors field. The red L.E.D.
indicates that the sensor has been triggered and a negative trigger has been sent out to the alarm -system. I ho two LED lights are part of a three tag system designed to eliminate any chance of false alarms- The sensor recognizes movement within a certain time frame before triggering the alarm Movement must be detected three times within a one second period before the unit will send a trigger to the alarm system. If a leaf or small object fails Into the sensors field it would be ignored.

Technical Data:
Dimensions : 3.3"x2.25"x.65"
Input Voltage: +8 - +16Vdc.
Current Draw: Less than 9 0 Ma. stand -by
Output: Less than 20.0 Ma. triggered (-) Pulse 0.8 Sec,Open Collector Output
Operating Temp: -30deg.C To +70deg.C
Field Settle Time: 5.0 sec,
Signal: 2447 GHz.
Trigger Output Rating: 500 mA. O.C.O.

Andrew C280
02-14-2004, 04:25 PM
my mercedes benz approved alarm comes with two ultrasonic sensors that detect motion with in the car, you can leave the windows down and sunroof open and still have the car protected buy the alarm

1SIKBNZ
02-14-2004, 04:37 PM
well mine doesnt..lol..only if the car is unlocked without the key does it go off

Andrew C280
02-21-2004, 06:49 AM
hey where did you get that information about the MATRIX sounds like its from an install manual i need some information on installing my alarm