PDA

View Full Version : Something loose in front left cabin area

02-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Please Guys help and suggest me, as per your previous similar experience.

I've had a rattle, similar to something loose or bad fixed inside the cabin in the left front side. It happen when passing on bad city surfaces (i.e. pothole) at not too much speed.

Looking from a lot of week end time for some plastic or other loose components: I've dismounted left A pillar, C pillar and seat belt components.

Opening/closing movement of pax door seems ok but probabily is better to open also it.

Have you some suggestion where to look in the door for possible loose components?

thanks a lot:)

detroit202
02-16-2004, 05:09 AM
ball joint maybe?

02-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by detroit202
ball joint maybe?

Do you intend as a suspension or steering matter?
But it seems as an internal noise, and not so strong.

thanks a lot for your help.

redc36
02-16-2004, 06:53 AM
does it sounds like a cricket or two coins bouncing off each other?

02-16-2004, 07:00 AM
yes redc36, more or less as you describe. It seems me as a plastic panel or component not well fixed or loose to permit movement and relevant contact with other part.

redc36
02-16-2004, 08:48 AM
its funny i though i was the only one with the cricket. i began to like it. its funny it doesnt come up over on just any pothole. sometimes it comes over the smallest one and then u hit a big on and its quiet. sometimes its reverse. its sounds from the front but actually its from rear. i know how come u think , it bedazzles me too. i let my girl drive the car 2 days ago while i was drunk (hey i like valentine but wanna keep my license) and cricket noise came up. so i gathered my last strenghts i started listening. i am 100% sure its in rear. i dont think its seatbelt. it might be rear headrest or something in the medbox. i didnt fully checkit out yet but i will 2day or tomm. but i am telling u its in the rear. i felt comfortable for the remainder of the way since i narrowed down where it is coming from. if u get it before me let me know. look in the rear!!!

02-16-2004, 11:55 PM
So, I'm not the only one. This kind of small and occasional noise make me mad!

I'll better check in the rear (already done), but I'll check also inside front passenger door!

I'll keep you informed.

martattack
02-17-2004, 12:07 PM
I have the same rattle. I think it might be related to the heater blower motor. Next time you can hear the rattle, try switching the blower to off and see if you can still hear it. My noise stopped as soon as I shut off the blower.

Martin

02-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
I have the same rattle. I think it might be related to the heater blower motor. Next time you can hear the rattle, try switching the blower to off and see if you can still hear it. My noise stopped as soon as I shut off the blower.

Martin

so you intend your noise is in the front low part of consolle?

No, I intend something loose but it's clearly not in the front area where I belive the heater blower motor is.

redc36
02-18-2004, 02:27 AM
ok yesterday i checked my car. cricket noise is coming from the amp or cell phone box (black box about 8 inches by 3 deep) that is hanging in the trunk on the left side next to speakers. why dont u jiggle it and will recognize the noise. let know if that was it.

02-20-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by redc36
ok yesterday i checked my car. cricket noise is coming from the amp or cell phone box (black box about 8 inches by 3 deep) that is hanging in the trunk on the left side next to speakers. why dont u jiggle it and will recognize the noise. let know if that was it.

Since my car come without these features, it's not possible for me. I need some time to better check inside cabin.

Thanks a lot for your help, I've appreciated a lot.

redc36
02-20-2004, 05:55 AM
u see for me when i let rear headrest drop i can hear the cricket noise even when i am parked. so i know its that damn black box.