PDA

View Full Version : Taking the staggered monoblocks off to sell....

black99
02-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Wife thinks she wants a Land Rover Discovery. Anyone have a cheap set of stock wheels and tires that they want to swap (with cash) for my 17" staggered monoblocks? See them at http://www.black99c230k.corral.net/

Gary
flgants@earthlink.net

GDawgC220
02-19-2004, 01:54 PM
did you have to do any modifications to the stock suspension to get those wheels to fit? rolled fenders or anything of the like?

how much would you want for cash + stock wheels? I got my '94 c220 wheels...

black99
02-19-2004, 02:18 PM
No the wheels fit just like they are. Make me an offer. Do you have a pic of your wheels?

Gary

sf280
02-19-2004, 02:23 PM
I will swap them with you, I will pay for shipping on both ends and no cash since you got them for free ;)

black99
02-19-2004, 02:31 PM
ummm no.lol

Gsry

adelaros
02-19-2004, 04:37 PM
I have a Rover......Don't buy one....Why would you want a FORD?

black99
02-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey man. Dont be dissin my fords. Here is the one I own now. www.yellow95.corral.net

Gary

marksbenz
02-19-2004, 05:13 PM
I own a 96 Discovery and love it. What Disco are you planning to get? Disco series 1 or 2?

black99
02-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Not sure. Its a 04 SE. Can you tell me anything about them?

Gary

WeatherMan
02-19-2004, 06:10 PM
We have a 2003 Discovery SE- I like it, drives great, incredible off-road machine! The dealership here has a test track where they traverse across an inclined stone path, must be 30 degrees (felt like it) where I was on the downhill side in the passenger seat, pressed into the door, then the salesperson stops and starts to shake the vehicle back and forth! I thought we were going to roll down the hill (our old Jeep Grand Cherokee would have), but stable as a rock, low center of gravity- the vehicle is a veritable tank. Just don't expect more than 13mpg- the fuel economy is the only drawback we've found. Don't let anyone with experience with a pre-'03 Discovery taint you- with the drivetrain changes it is a great vehicle. I wouldn't own one pre-'03, though.

By the way, if you are looking for a great deal on a "slightly used" Land Rover, check out Bear Valley Land Rover (http://www.bvlr.com ) - they are the largest preowned Land Rover dealer in the country and just outside of Atlanta.

black99
02-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the info. Iwill do that, as I am from Warner Robins orignally, and go to Georgia quite a bit.

Gary

cian36n
02-20-2004, 09:23 PM
You cant hate on the Land Rovers. I have a 1991 Range Rover Classic (Hunter) with 200,000 miles on it, and it still runs like the beast it is. The only problem that you might encounter, at least with the classics and other old schools is if they have been overheated, thats the silver bullet.

adelaros
02-21-2004, 04:21 AM
I dont hate the rover, the material they use to build the car are not good.

I have a 99 Range Rover 4.6 with ONLY 35,000 KM..This model comes with a 3 level air supention, wich ajust automatical to the road or manualy for off road. When one of the air bladder punctures because the ware and tare the suspention drops to the lowest level, but only in the side where is damage, So the car looks like and old man with a cain. Well I had to change the Air Bladders in the front and and back suspension including the air compresor, bacuse once the blader breaks the air compresor works harder and it stops working the right way, this is about 2.8k total.

The Rover 99 ,like your 91, also overheats, to the point where parts of the cooling Fan will melts down. This causes the fan to brake at such speed that it will puncture any thing in its path, ie radiator, water resivoir , etc, etc, etc. This also happend to me, to replace all the broken part was about 2k more.

Now lets talk about the doors... The doors haves a small (green pastic ) guide that helps the iner laches open the doors. If the small - green pastic- cristalizes by the heat they break apart and you are locked inside your car. Its is not expensive to change but, it is a pain in the b...t goin out in your car and the sudenlly the door will not open. Last week it happend again with the passanger door.

Lets talk to the A/C , I had to change the recycle motor of the A/C because it just stoped working, so wen I turn the A/C on a smog day, I ended up breathing smog and tail pipe fumes... It was about 1K to replace..

I am sorry if you like your rover, but this is why I will not buy a Rover again..

My '99 c280 sport I have only had change the Oil, Filter s, Spark Plugs and a month ago the Air Mas Meter...

And this is why a will change the , in june my Range for a MB G500..

cian36n
02-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Mine has been good to me but would always trade in a Rover for the G wagen!!!!! I love that thing...Hope you end up getting it.