PDA

View Full Version : performance exhaust system for the C43

cyclocross
02-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi, all. I've searched without success this forum as well as mercedesshop and benzworld for information on a high(er) performance exhaust system for the C43. There are alternative mufflers available but the consensus is that they only increase noise, not HP. Several owners have done their own modifications but there is no data on HP increase. So, I have several questions.

Which is better:
replace the two-into-one muffler with straight pipes and a Y while retaining the rear muffler?

replace the two-into-one muffler with glass-packs and a Y while retaining the rear muffler?

retain the two-into-one muffler and replace the rear muffler with a straight pipe?

Any advice or experiences are appreciated. Also, does anyone have any flow data on the pressure drops through the cats and the mufflers? Thanks again.

manny
02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Contact " Cklasse " in this forum.
He will hook you up good.
Also if oy do a good search, you will find most of the answers to your questions. ;)

sf280
02-21-2004, 12:00 PM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1711&highlight=turbine

cyclocross
02-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Of course, search for "turbine" . . . how did I confuse that with "muffler" or "exhaust"? <g> Seriously, CKLasse's system is just what for what I am searching. Thanks for the lead, guys!