PDA

View Full Version : shocks

juk
02-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi!
I found in last time that my car c230k sport is tooo hard for austria roads is, i feel each stone and holes on my way, like my car has no more shockes. I was by dealer and he told me that they have no "shocktester" that can examine is my car harder or not. Can u tell me how can i find out are my shocks ok or not?

WBR Juk:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

fastmayte
02-21-2004, 04:06 PM
normally if you bonce the car and it feels soft and after u bounce it once and the bounce carries on for more than 1 time, like if it doesn't go down and come up then stop, then your shocks are going out. i have the regualr suspension so might wanna ask the sport owners

juk
02-22-2004, 11:25 AM
jup, but if just one is out and all other okey? I think with hardest shocks can i pusch my can and it will go down then up and stop. Regular shocks are cool but they cost a lot, i think.

fastmayte
02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
if u wanna check each one. try each corner at a time. if u go with bilsteins or something, they are around 100 each. maybe less at some place, maybe more. ebay has sets for 280 or sometihng with lifetime warranty. i'd get those. :)

davis449
02-23-2004, 08:30 AM
I'm having the shock dilemma too and I found online the cheapest place was about $309.40 for a set of four Bilstein shocks, sport or HD. I don't know how they do international shipping, though.

merc_lover
02-23-2004, 08:40 AM
couldnt it just be a tire problem? i remember the ride in my K11 Nissan was unbearable until i fit proper tires on it and it went like a dream...