PDA

View Full Version : Removing rear door card

Andrew C280
02-22-2004, 08:21 AM
hello
I need to remove the rear door card or "covering on the inside" I need to see where this brown and pink wire go, my alarm has a proper connector and there are not connectors where it says the wire is long enough to go into the door so I figure thats where its supose to go I have tried searching mecedes benz owner club but get over 900 results and non are the correct on

pnsji
02-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Should be 2 screws:
- 1 behind the door latch (need to pry the flat plate behind the latch)
- 1 underneath the door handle

Andrew C280
02-22-2004, 08:56 AM
thanks do you have an idea where i would connect a wire that is supose to send a siginal to the alarm if either back door are opened the instrucation i have are really crude

pnsji
02-22-2004, 09:01 AM
i don't remember details. I always use voltmeter to do this.
BTW, in W202, poping up the lock and locking it mechanism is vacuum. Not sure if there is a sensor wire.

Andrew C280
02-22-2004, 10:56 AM
hey good that i looked the wire it says to tap into is the wire for the speaker in the door, i have a question how do i put the door card back on there are some brown plugs do they just push back in or do i need to buy new ones ?

where is the b Pillar i assume its the pillar beside the drivers seat in the middle of the car

Andrew C280
02-22-2004, 01:35 PM
nope the big pink and brown wire are for the speakers glad i looked but i did figure out where the connector goes right behind the seat in the back there is a sensor in the door that where it gets connected. man these instructions are bad just think what would of happened if i connected to the speaker wire.

thanks i got the door card back on but the next time i take it off i might need to replace those brown things on the back has anyone done this