PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes alarm

Andrew C280
02-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Hello i was wondering if anyone knows what is needed to install a factory mercedes alarm, since i am dinking around with this mercedes approved aftermaket alarm that is appearing to do the trick i just dont like the idea of putting substandard parts in the car is like buy a mercedes body and putting on a ford or something like that.

I went to the dearler ship and asked and i think 100% bullshit flew out there mouths again the told me all this extra stuff was need like switches in the doors and told me i would cost a fortune to get all the parts when installing i am finding that most of these things are there.

davis449
02-24-2004, 02:54 PM
I bought a Prestige (Audiovox) alarm from Circuit City for about $210. It does WAY more than a stock alarm and makes me feel a lot safer than a stock one would. They guy who did mine had like 6 years experience and he worked all day on it. Best part was that because it was such a bitch to put in my car (I got free installation with its purchase), he had to mount the main "box" deep in my dash. This means somone attempting to get rid of my alarm is going to have to pop the hood once he gets into the car to shut it up. It has three sensitivity levels and is VERY easy to use. I would go with an aftermarket alarm by Prestige or Viper over a stock Mercedes one anyday.

Andrew C280
02-24-2004, 03:03 PM
I pulled that alarm out its up for sale now will fit a 1994-1996 C class and many others i am going to do the real stock installation only mercedes parts from now on.