PDA

View Full Version : modifications

theboynextdoor
04-29-2003, 02:28 PM
am looking to modifi my c36 can anyone help with some advice ???????

induction kit has anyone fitted one to a c36, how does the car sound?? and wots the best one to buy???

is it worth chipping??? wots the advantages and the disadvantages?? wot exactly is the power change i would expect??? 0-60 speed???

also looking to remove the cat on the car?????? Advantages and Disadvantages anyone and wot power increase am i looking at and will i need to do any engine modifications

Cheers

Denlasoul
04-29-2003, 03:56 PM
There is a handful of mods you can do with the C36. If you wanted a chip, I believe Powerchips from Austrailia can help you there. I think they opened a US distributer. If I recall correctly, that alone would get you in the 300hp/tq range.

Another thing to do is an intake. HKS has one for the C36, and several people have constructed their own intake which is placed at the front rigth foglight. I would leave your exhaust system alone. I hear it is very hard to improve on the AMG setup.

Other things you may want to consider. Try dropping the engine temps of your car. Maybe add some phenolic heat shields that go between the header and the engine block (ask speedybenz on this forum and others). Should drop your temp a few degrees. Maybe insulte your intake with thermo-wraps. Also lighten up your car.

IF you want to go out even more. Look for a lightweight flywheel, and maybe even a NO2 system. Talk to RollinAMG, he has a setup in his C36.

Best of luck,

DLS

maxboxa
04-30-2003, 10:57 AM
moving to performance tuning. hopefully you can get more insight there.

btw - where are you located? passing smog would be difficult without a cat.

pnsji
05-02-2003, 02:34 PM
If you want induction system, there is 1 guy with twin turbo charged C36. It was a custom one.