PDA

View Full Version : Re-installing my stock stereo

cthirtysizzle
02-27-2004, 09:29 PM
What's up everybody, so I'm reinstalling my stock stereo to the bose system and I'm missing a black connector piece w/ wires. It's the black plastic 8 pin connector that plugs into the middle slot in back of the stock stereo. Previously it was cut and converted to a different connector to fit my Pioneer head unit, so if anyone has a stock connector w/ wires attached to it, please, please!!! hook me up. Oh, and please don't post "why are you going back to stock", I can see it coming from a mile away! :D

pnsji
02-28-2004, 09:48 AM
Actually that is pretty hard to find. You can also look from VW owner because they are using the same connector.

vas2vas
02-28-2004, 03:34 PM
check ebay, both A and B harness pop up for sale from time to time at reasonable prices...
This one for example...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38636&item=2463285208

cthirtysizzle
02-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys, they are pretty hard to find! I ordered one from mercedes but it came without wires?!! Crazy huh!? Anyways, the one on ebay looks like a good prospect, I just emailed the guy. Thanks again

New question:

I might be installing a newer stock mercedes stereo in my car from a 99C230k without the Bose System, instead of the stock head unit my 97'C36 with Bose System came with. Will it work w/ the bose system plug n' play, or should I be worried about any differences in power output between my stock head unit and the newer stock head unit I'm considering?

unclearty
03-04-2004, 04:51 AM
go to a stereo installer and buy the install kit for VW..it's the same plug, however...color coding is a little different..just use an ohmmeter to match the wiring. That's what I did in my '98 C230 to install a Sony deck...just made an adapter to match up to the factory harness.

cthirtysizzle
03-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the advice, I actually found an adaptor on ebay so as soon as it arrives, the new old head is going back in. Seriously though, after listening to a stock Bose system in a stock C36, it really doesn't sound that good!