PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help Ashtray Wont Close Properly~

qqbennyqq
02-28-2004, 10:05 AM
hi, i use my ash tray as a coin tray , so the other day i put too much coins and when i closed it the coins fell under the ash tray , so now i cant close the ash tray / cigerate lighter properly, can anyone please help? how to get the coins out? or remove that panal? tahnks

GDawgC220
02-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by qqbennyqq
hi, i use my ash tray as a coin tray , so the other day i put too much coins and when i closed it the coins fell under the ash tray , so now i cant close the ash tray / cigerate lighter properly, can anyone please help? how to get the coins out? or remove that panal? tahnks

Here's what you do:

1) pry up the black surround of the shifter. It's plastic, so go gently. Pry it and just pull up.

2) Get a thin flathead screwdriver and stick it on the side of the wood panel with the window switches and gently pry up. It's clips, so pull up carefully.

3) once you get those up, the coin bucket/area in front of the shifter comes up. no screws or anything, just lift it up.

4) behind that, you'll see two screws (gold color), one on each side. Unscrew those.

5) Voila, now your ash tray comes out.

6) put everything back in reverse order.

qqbennyqq
02-28-2004, 03:47 PM
tahnks!

vas2vas
02-29-2004, 12:35 PM
yeah had same problem when I first got the car.... found about $12 in one dollar bills that had gotten stuck behind the ashtray :)