PDA

View Full Version : Lowering C43

supersparker
02-28-2004, 10:54 AM
I have a 2000 C43 with 18 Monoblocks and are planning on installing a set of the Eibach "Prokit" springs. EIbach rates the drop at 1.25" front and rear. Does anyone have pics of similar? (1.25 drop with 18" wheels) Jus dont want to go to all of the trouble and expense only to be dissatisfied with the look.

Thanks,

tinter101
02-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Hey Super,
I'm in the same boat. I've got a '98 C43 and want to drop but
want to see first. I think that the C43 sits lower than the other
C's because of the AMG suspension but I don't know if that is
true for sure. I'm looking for 18's now.
What were the differences between '99 & '00 in the C43? I read
there was something different with the shifter? Sorry I'm getting
off topic. Take care.

KoopaTroopa
02-28-2004, 09:09 PM
I don't know if this will help any but I just bought the 17" AMG Monoblock (Aero 2) rims (staggered) for my 96' C280 from Tirerack.com. I also bought the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. I love the way it looks!! I just ordered the clear corners for my car. To get a vision of what my car looks like go to this website. I'll post pictures of mine after I get the clear corners.
http://www.mbnz.org/gallery/showlink.asp?CatID=33&parentID=33&subname=www.MBenz.nl&parentname=W202_C_Class

Some things you might want to know before you lower:

Positive:
-Increase style and smiles from the ladies.
-A definite increase in road grip and handleing performance.
-You feel like your in a race car except you have all the luxuries of a MB.

Negative:
-You will have to buy new tires more often.
-You might bump the ground if the car is full on certain driveways or rough roads.
-It lowers your mpg.
-You have to change your brakes more often.
-Not as much of a smooth ride

If I had to do it all over again I would do the same exact thing. I love these rims and springs. I'm saving up for the Eibach Roll Bar Kit. Hope this helps.

:cool:

Denlasoul
02-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by tinter101
[B]What were the differences between '99 & '00 in the C43? I read there was something different with the shifter?[B]

In 2000, the 5-speed "touch-shift" transmission was used.