PDA

View Full Version : Chrome siding

jnolte
05-08-2003, 03:08 PM
How do you take that chrome siding off of the side or do you paint it? If you paint it can you do it yourself or do you have to get it done at a shop

nokia8860
05-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Click here (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=242)

for the side get the sport model ones. now for the bumper thats where our maple leaf friends come into play.

jnolte
05-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Click here (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=242)

for the side get the sport model ones. now for the bumper thats where our maple leaf friends come into play.

So i have to get sport trim siding? where do i get that can i buy it or do i have to find a sport c-class that wants to give it up? What are you talking about maple leaf freinds?

nokia8860
05-08-2003, 09:42 PM
you'll have to visit the dealer for the trim.

as for the leaf, seems like our friends up north have a different trim option for the bumpers so you can get the monochrome look as well without buying entire new sport bumpers.

jnolte
05-08-2003, 09:58 PM
you'll have to visit the dealer for the trim.

as for the leaf, seems like our friends up north have a different trim option for the bumpers so you can get the monochrome look as well without buying entire new sport bumpers.

Isnt the sport bumpers diffrent than the c36 bumper

nokia8860
05-08-2003, 10:33 PM
exactly. hence why try to contact some dealer in canada as there seems to be a top part that is monochrome that can afix to your c36 bumper.

jnolte
05-08-2003, 10:51 PM
exactly. hence why try to contact some dealer in canada as there seems to be a top part that is monochrome that can afix to your c36 bumper.

How much is this sport siding?? is it hard to take off the chrome one and install the sport one?

JRE320
05-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
How much is this sport siding?? is it hard to take off the chrome one and install the sport one?

Get your sidings from the dealer so you'll have the color match. You might have to spend like $350 for all around. Welcome to the board and let me warn you now that once you start modding your car there's no turning back. Modding is habit forming worse than any drug on the street. :p :D ;) :cool:

jnolte
05-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
Get your sidings from the dealer so you'll have the color match. You might have to spend like $350 for all around. Welcome to the board and let me warn you now that once you start modding your car there's no turning back. Modding is habit forming worse than any drug on the street. :p :D ;) :cool:

Can i install this myself at home or do i have to have a shop do it?

pnsji
05-09-2003, 09:32 AM
the easiest way is just take out the moldings and have a body shop sand down the chrome and have them paint those.

jnolte
05-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
the easiest way is just take out the moldings and have a body shop sand down the chrome and have them paint those. \\

Do you think I could take the siding off my self sand it down then have a body shop paint it? Is the siding hard to take off and put on?

pnsji
05-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
\\

Do you think I could take the siding off my self sand it down then have a body shop paint it? Is the siding hard to take off and put on?

It is easy if you know how to do it.
Otherwise, just bring your car to body shop and have them painted for you.