PDA

View Full Version : White lights

JAY4
03-06-2004, 08:37 AM
First, I'd like to say that "I'm glad forum exists, and I was happy to find it."

I just bought my first Mercedes (a 1998 C280 sport). I was wondering if any of you could offer some suggestions on replacing my high and low beams with somthing brighter and more white than the original bulbs. ***Short of an HID conversion, that is***Which bulbs are the whitest, and what is the highest wattage that I can safely use with factory harnesses?
p.s. Not blue tinted

Andrew C280
03-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Yah Xenons,
Just Kidding
unless if you want to spend a fortune, everyone bashes the new silvania silverstars but i think i am going to try them for $50 rather than $1300 for some Xenons.

Also welcome to the forum I have a 1997 C280 Sport, what colour is your and do you have any pictures ?

Rider_X
03-06-2004, 01:20 PM
my brother has some silvania silverstars on his 202 and they are real nice especially for the money i think they were 40 bux for two.

qqbennyqq
03-06-2004, 05:34 PM
i have after market xenons , the color is pure white. 4-500 dollrs

BangnBenz
03-09-2004, 07:57 PM
silverstars are too much money for a set of halogen headlights, pepboys have several good choices or ebay has alot just search h4 bulb, many include pics of what the bulbs look like when on.

BenzMeister
03-17-2004, 11:58 AM
and I have been using the Silver Stars H7 and H1 for a while, they are much better then stock, but one thing I found out was that my lights where our of adjustment, when I first put the Silver Stars on they weren't much better, then I had the lights adjusted to the highest and broadest point and still pass inspection and not have people flashing me all the time. Philips has a 70W H7, if that is what your car uses the part number is 13972, they are hard to find, I did a Google search and found a company that carried them but were out of stock and didn't know when they would have them again, as they come directly from Europe, I was told they are DOT legal.:cool:

Brabus
03-17-2004, 12:00 PM
I would say the Xenon bulb and ballast upgrade would be the best money for what you're looking for. $300-400 ish

slam96c36
03-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Just like you...I'm new here. This is my first car I actually bough with my own money. I have a 1996 C36 and same like you trying to do somestuff to my car.

Regarding your question...did you can a chance to log into www.Nopi.com to look at the price. That is the only website I know at this time that have stuff for mercedes. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

JAY4
03-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey, slam96c36
Congrats on your new car. I hope you like your Benz as much as I like mine. I just ordered an H&R cup kit for my c280 sport today, And I have not yet decided what to do with my lights yet. I guess I'll sort out my suspension first. I actually bought a set of H&R springs, and then got a really good buy on the cup kit, so now I have an extra set of H&R springs that I need to sell. Have you done anything to your c36 yet?

BenzMeister
03-23-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by slam96c36
Just like you...I'm new here. This is my first car I actually bough with my own money. I have a 1996 C36 and same like you trying to do somestuff to my car.

Regarding your question...did you can a chance to log into www.Nopi.com to look at the price. That is the only website I know at this time that have stuff for mercedes. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

I logged onto the site and took a look at the bulb chart,stay away from the 100W bulbs, the wiring system won't handle it. I wrote to The STAR technical column about bulbs and mentioned 100W H7 I got a email back stating what I said above, until you go Xenon, The Silver Star is the best choice, even thought I think a 75 Watt should be OK, I am looking around for that wattage, there are a few 24V on the market but you and me want to stick with 12V, I understand Philips has an H7 and H1 in either a 70W or 75W at 12V, but I can't find them around here.

slam96c36
03-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey Jay4
Ya man I love my new benz and I drive them everywhere...heheh
How you like your so far...getting any ladies yet?

Here is what I put into it...

1. Eibach Suspension kit
2. Eibach Springs
3. Tokico Adjustable shocks
4. 18" AMG Monoblock II's
5. Blaupunkt Navigation Stereo w/navigation dics of N. America
6. Balupunks 5 dics shuttle
7. S class upgrade grille
8. Car cover
9. Flat Hood Ornament
10. Set of seat covers
11. Smoke tail light

I try to order my Clear corner but they don't have it on stock so I have to wait...trying to get some HID headlights from a C43 but I think I have to hold off on that cause it cause like $1300 USD

I also try to put some pics on here but I don't have any website to like it to...I guess I better pull out my HTML book this weekend
and see.

If you need any help..this site is very helpful...I have alot of members give me some info to install my headlights...good luck
email me sometimg

thanks
ty