PDA

View Full Version : Need Radio Code

Rider_X
03-06-2004, 01:38 PM
This isnt the average question i found while searching, well the code is blinkin cuz we took the battery out and we need to get the code again, but since the stealership usually wants you to pay for something i was just hoping to see if you guys with the code on hand could let me try it on our radio here. thanx, not sure if it would help but its a 94 c280.

sorbo
03-06-2004, 01:45 PM
I dont think that will work each radio has a unique code.

and the dealership will give it to you for free if you tell them your vin. but you might have to prove ownership.

MrSpace
03-06-2004, 02:34 PM
free, i'm not sure, on my mother's volks it was $$$ to reprogram each time they forgot it.

on my father's S80 the code is on every invoice from the dealer so it's easy to find

Etienne

martattack
03-06-2004, 02:57 PM
You might want to check the documentation for your car. IE Manual, Radio Manual (if you ahve one) to see if it is printed or written anywhere.

Martin

sorbo
03-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by MrSpace
free, i'm not sure, on my mother's volks it was $$$ to reprogram each time they forgot it.
Etienne

not to reprogram but they can look the number up in thier computer with the cars vin #.

cthirtysizzle
03-06-2004, 03:20 PM
The dealership doesn't charge you for your radio code. I got mine 2 days ago, just go to your local mbz dealership, go the parts dept., give them your vin#, and they'll give you your radio code. Simple