PDA

View Full Version : Got Strobes?

martattack
03-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Anyone have strobes in here?

I had them from my previous car and put them in my 202er. Whelen 90 watt 6-port Police strobes(only running 4 bulbs in each corner). front and rear seperate switching and 10 patterns.

http://blauschwarz.home.comcast.net/strobes.mpg (1.96mb)
"Right Click - save target as" please.

FreeStyler
03-06-2004, 03:42 PM
What do you need them for?:confused:

jnolte
03-06-2004, 04:11 PM
i think they are G. Some of my buddies have them and pull people over...

MrSpace
03-06-2004, 05:17 PM
that must be good when there is someone too slow in your lane at night

they think it's a police and then move out of the way

Etienne

1SIKBNZ
03-06-2004, 05:18 PM
SIK! whered you get em? how much? and howd you intall/wire em? any pics of the install? thanks!

Denlasoul
03-06-2004, 08:01 PM
:dispoint: That's not cool. If anyone tried that crap on me and I realized it wasnt a real cop, I'd probably run them into a wall.

Be careful with that stuff, could get you in trouble.

Andrew C280
03-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I would like to retract my previous statement, I though about it for a while and realized it would be pretty cool to have, getting people out of you way on the highway, never have to wait for a red light. Pulling over you friends

martattack
03-06-2004, 08:22 PM
It's not for pulling people over. I'm not interested in getting any felonies.

I was working to make my previous car a show car, so I got strobes, but I started having drivability problems with it, so I sold it and took the strobes out. Eventually I'll start showing this car once I get some more mods, so I put the strobes in just for shits.

jnolte
03-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Andrew C280
Yah if anyone tried that with me I would pull over and get my desert eagle from the trunk and serriously mess there car up,
Plus I dont pull over for anythings thats not a caprice or crown victoria Suv truck anyways.

Talk about serious waste of money

Sorry to bash your car so much i guess it might be cool ?

thats the dumbest thing i have heard in a while. Ur gunna shoot up someones car with a D eagle? Ur retarted lol

martattack
03-07-2004, 07:57 PM
1SICKBNZ: I got them from http://www.strobesnmore.com They are Whelen CSP690
I bought them over a year ago and they were $200 for my setup.

Installation involves mounting the strobe controller (which as you can see from the pictures, it is mounted in the trunk on the left side where the Bose amp is normally mounted. I then had to run 4 wire sets two each of the farthest corners of the car. I pulled up the door sills and ran them through a hole in the firewall. They wires came out by the fuse box under the hood. They were then run to each corner pod. The rear ones just went behind some of the trunk carpeting to the rear corners. To mount the bulb, I had to drill 1 inch holes in the corner pods and the tail light. The rears were very difficult because the hole had to be perfect, otherwise the backup light bulbs would not work. The wires were then connected.

The controls are mounted near the E-brake release handle. There are two black switches and one pushbutton. The switches independently turn on the front or the rear, and the button cycles through the patterns.

Here are the installation pictures I took:

http://blauschwarz.home.comcast.net/strobes

DMXtremeZ
03-17-2004, 08:19 PM
i think its hot in my opinion... i have strobes that are mounted on my visors. havent used them yet though

MBATF
03-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Guys..Strobes are for show only, unless u are in lawenforcement..
Using strobe to perten as a officer is sierious offence in many state jail time can go from 1-8 years...Plus wtf you wanna en danger other people's life on the freeway?!
Saving yourself that 2-3 sec isn't helping you to get on with ur life any faster...think for others when you do something like this...

If you only use for show...why the hell not?
use it on the street just for fun?...well, you happen to do so on me, i will make sure your butt ended up in the jail cell.

1SIKBNZ
03-27-2004, 07:55 AM
shut up...gessshhh :rolleyes:

Denlasoul
03-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
shut up...gessshhh :rolleyes:

Thats not cool. You shouldnt disrespect another member like that. As you are entitled to your opinion, MBATF is entitled to his.

1SIKBNZ
03-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Ok, thats just my opinion of his opinion.... and since im entitled to it then why are you questioning it..... I just cant stand when people are such "activists".... O no strobes, if your that much of an idiot that your gunna pull over for some random car with white flashing lights then maybe you shouldnt be driving.... i think its a great mod..... yeah i wouldnt roll around running them all over the place but gessshhh if someone did roll up/by me and had them id be more like wow thats awesome whered you get em, and not, o you a**hole im calling the cops on you.... take a chill pill....

jnolte
03-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by MBATF
Guys..Strobes are for show only, unless u are in lawenforcement..
Using strobe to perten as a officer is sierious offence in many state jail time can go from 1-8 years...Plus wtf you wanna en danger other people's life on the freeway?!
Saving yourself that 2-3 sec isn't helping you to get on with ur life any faster...think for others when you do something like this...

If you only use for show...why the hell not?
use it on the street just for fun?...well, you happen to do so on me, i will make sure your butt ended up in the jail cell.

who ever said we use them for saving time? My freinds have them and they pull each other over just messing around, not strangers. Its kinda a joke and fun.

Denlasoul
03-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Ok, thats just my opinion of his opinion.... and since im entitled to it then why are you questioning it.....

First off, I'm not questioning anything. My post was to point out your disrespectful remarks to a fellow member.

Secondly, if you do disagree...then post why you feel the way you do. Typically, when one states a positon, a reason why helps. For instance, if you said "I like strobes because ....." then fill in your reasons why. My PROBLEM with your post is that you attack another member without any reason, explanation, form of argument, etc. etc.

To sum it all up, fine if you like strobes. Others do not an have posted their reason why. MBATF is involved with police enforcement, and that's why he feels so strongly about his position. Using it for some sort of advantage is downright stupid in my opinion. If you are using them for shows, than thats cool. Strobes are just not appropriate outside the show venue.

I just do not think it's cool for you to disrepect another member.

jnolte
03-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
First off, I'm not questioning anything. My post was to point out your disrespectful remarks to a fellow member.

Secondly, if you do disagree...then post why you feel the way you do. Typically, when one states a positon, a reason why helps. For instance, if you said "I like strobes because ....." then fill in your reasons why. My PROBLEM with your post is that you attack another member without any reason, explanation, form of argument, etc. etc.

To sum it all up, fine if you like strobes. Others do not an have posted their reason why. MBATF is involved with police enforcement, and that's why he feels so strongly about his position. Using it for some sort of advantage is downright stupid in my opinion. If you are using them for shows, than thats cool. Strobes are just not appropriate outside the show venue.

I just do not think it's cool for you to disrepect another member.

okay MR. I run people off the road. LMAO ;) :D

but tru, everybody is intitled to there own opionion. lets not make such a big deal out of this, i dont think anybody is really getting that offended over some disagrements. lets just drop it and learn from it, or something like that

Renn 208
03-28-2004, 12:19 AM
1sik, behave.

MBATF
03-29-2004, 12:46 AM
shut up...gessshhh :rolleyes: Hey man, I have nothing against you or any members on board as long as I have been ith bnzsport.com till now, its almost 4 year i think. And I just expressed my thoughts to teh public thats all.

As i said, Strobe for show "YES" Strobe for just have fun on the street "NO"

But just to let most people know, even using the light for fun on the road with friends. It still can be dangerous to teh pulice since People always knwo that when tehy see Strobe, then it means caution, or 911 so 50% of the time they panic and ended up doing something stupid, and plus tehy wouldn't know if you are just playing with your friends. I have seen my friend used teh stupid strobe on freeway before and ended up caused an 4 car crash. And one of the lady involved in teh crash lost a her 5 monthes old un-born twins becuz of it.

1sickbnz: just let you know that i still like you;) no matter what they say about you. and man when i go to WC someday i will give you a holla.

Denlasoul: Thank you for helping me to better explaination , but really I don't want to make evryone turn ugly faces becuz of my post.

Renn 208: You never calle dme as you said you will...I felt used...:D

Brabus
03-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Shoot, I want to get a strobe setup for my car... Dang, that's cool! Need that action for shows :D

Shoot Boomin, now I'm really pissed for not meeting up with you guys that night since it would have been awesome to check out your setup!

So what's the difference between the 60 and 90 watt setups?

martattack
03-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Brabus
Shoot, I want to get a strobe setup for my car... Dang, that's cool! Need that action for shows :D

Shoot Boomin, now I'm really pissed for not meeting up with you guys that night since it would have been awesome to check out your setup!

So what's the difference between the 60 and 90 watt setups?

90 watt are quite a bit brighter than the 60 watt ones. The nice thign about the 90 watt model is that there is a "low" level mode in case you don't want them at full brightness, in a show for example. 90 watt are very bright!

Brabus
03-31-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
90 watt are quite a bit brighter than the 60 watt ones. The nice thign about the 90 watt model is that there is a "low" level mode in case you don't want them at full brightness, in a show for example. 90 watt are very bright!

Dang, I think Imma hook up a 90 wt kit :)

jstrat85
03-24-2005, 08:39 PM
that shit is HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

DRM
12-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice work that is fucking hot

crsh2
12-16-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
Anyone have strobes in here?

http://blauschwarz.home.comcast.net/strobes.mpg (1.96mb)
"Right Click - save target as" please.

Boy this is a tread that was brought back to life.

Never saw the post until today though.

I like that strobes i'll probably never put one on but
can you wire that up with an alarm?
It would look crazy when it goes off:D

great job man

martattack
12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah, they can be wired up to an alarm, with false alarms and all, I don't know if I want THAT much attention. I could make a switch so it's only on in a bad neighborhood or something.

Abuimad
12-16-2005, 11:19 AM
damn that is pretty nice, so weres the best place to install them, lights or on visor's ?

rollinrealbig
12-16-2005, 02:50 PM
those look awesome, but id really have no use, unless pulling a prank on my fren whu drives without a lisence LoL

... but yea ill get in trouble for those. not for me!

Abuimad
12-17-2005, 02:10 AM
thank god for a lawless country like the one im living in right now...were every1 has sirens..strobes....speedlimits are meant to be broken & red lights are for cosmetic purposes...
:D
btw
can someone post a pic of a strobe mounted on the visor ?

benzofanatic
11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
to put my 2 cents in, strobes are probably best for show purposes but using it on ur friends in a SAFE area would be really funny. Also hookin it up to an alarm would be a really good idea. Robber probally think he was stealin a cop car. If your tryin to save time a light changer would be a better idea just press a button and no more red lights.

OzC36
12-01-2006, 03:21 AM
They would be useful at an accident site?

Dr. ///AMG
12-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
i think they are G. Some of my buddies have them and pull people over... nice, impersonating a police officer. Your buddies are real bright.

Proven Guilty
12-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by OzC36
They would be useful at an accident site?

I never considered that. It's a pretty practical application in the event of a break-down / changing a flat, or stopping to help someone injured in an accident. There's quite a few uses now that I think about it, but none really seem safe to use while driving unless you went with amber strobe bulbs like a tow-truck would use.

benzofanatic
12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
wow that really is a good idea to. also if there was heavy fog the stobes would be great if you had a flat or something.