PDA

View Full Version : Dropping my C36

jnolte
05-08-2003, 03:12 PM
i want to drop my 1995 C36 AmG i have 18 inch wheels on it.. I talked to some guy about it he said H&r springs which will drop it 1.5 inches. Then he said also to change the spring pads which will drop it .5 inches. those together a total of 2.00 inches. Where can i get new spring pads and how much ae they?

Renn 208
05-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Spring pads are readily available from your dealer and come in a number of sizes from #1 thinnest-#5 thickest. Luckily they are cheap, but you'll have to figure out just what size you want to run.

jnolte
05-08-2003, 03:38 PM
does any body know what thickness of spring pad i should get? If im gonna run inch rims and H&R sports springs. I want a pretty low drop. Kinda like pnsji's C36 if anybody has seen it

Denlasoul
05-08-2003, 03:48 PM
jnolte:

I got 18 Mono's on my C43 with H&R's and a #1, #2 pad (I think). I could confirm if needed. Here's a pic:98 C43 (http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=239689)

I am in Kirkland if you ever wanna check it out in person. I'm free most of the week. There is also anothre member in Federal Way with a C36 dopped with H&R's on 18's. Actually, there are alot of C36 aorund Seattle.

Regards,
DLS

jnolte
05-08-2003, 04:03 PM
WOW i dident know there was that many C36s around Seattle. I acually live in Bellevue and have never seen one around in my whole life. Do y ou know where i could find spring pads?

Denlasoul
05-08-2003, 04:06 PM
First, check what spring pads you have now. No sense in getting new ones, if the stock ones are the size you want. To check, look at where your springs are attached to a rubber support. There should be little bumps on it. The number of bumps tells you the # spring pad, for example 1bump=#1 pad, and so on. Also check your rears they could be different than the front.

Stealership has them for about $7.

jnolte
05-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
First, check what spring pads you have now. No sense in getting new ones, if the stock ones are the size you want. To check, look at where your springs are attached to a rubber support. There should be little bumps on it. The number of bumps tells you the # spring pad, for example 1bump=#1 pad, and so on. Also check your rears they could be different than the front.

Stealership has them for about $7.

Hey denlasoul

where did you get your dop put on at? So you used #2 pads in the front and #1 in the back??? Do you know which number of thickness J Irwan or pnsji used on their C36s. Because i think that the C43 is higher up to start with. And what dealership did you buy yours from. ALso do u know where in WA i could get C-class sport trim to make the side of my C36 monochromatic?

Denlasoul
05-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Jnolte:

I had my car lowered at Car Nutz in Beelvue. It cost a fair penny, but there isnt really anywhere else to go. Also, I dont have the resources to do it myself (tools and such). I have a #1 in front and #2 in back and my car came like this came from the factory, didnt need to swap anything out. Any dealer will have these pads. I'd check to see what you have in your car first before going out to buy another set.

Sport trim I think you might need to get from Canada.

DLS

pnsji
05-09-2003, 10:54 AM
I have #1 pad in the front and #2 pad in the rear.

jnolte
05-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
I have #1 pad in the front and #2 pad in the rear.

Hey do you have #1 pads all around? In the scottyc website it says you do? Is it possible to do that?? Would it be an extreme drop?

pnsji
05-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
Hey do you have #1 pads all around? In the scottyc website it says you do? Is it possible to do that?? Would it be an extreme drop?

It is a mistake on his website.
extreme drop? I do not think so.
It is possible to run #1 pad all around

jnolte
05-10-2003, 11:39 PM
It is a mistake on his website.
extreme drop? I do not think so.
It is possible to run #1 pad all around

Hey you know how you said you had #1 in the front and #2 in the back. SHouldent it be the other way around? Isnt the back higher than the front? ALso..... Could i still fit 18s if i out #1 spring pads all the way around on all for corners?

pnsji
05-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Hey you know how you said you had #1 in the front and #2 in the back. SHouldent it be the other way around? Isnt the back higher than the front?
Are you trying to figure everything out yourself?
Or are you trying asking questions?
The back SHOULD be higher than the front!

ALso..... Could i still fit 18s if i out #1 spring pads all the way around on all for corners?
Like I said before, YES

jnolte
05-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Are you trying to figure everything out yourself?
Or are you trying asking questions?
The back SHOULD be higher than the front!

Like I said before, YES

dont be mad:mad: be happy:)

jnolte
05-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Jnolte:

I had my car lowered at Car Nutz in Beelvue. It cost a fair penny, but there isnt really anywhere else to go. Also, I dont have the resources to do it myself (tools and such). I have a #1 in front and #2 in back and my car came like this came from the factory, didnt need to swap anything out. Any dealer will have these pads. I'd check to see what you have in your car first before going out to buy another set.

Sport trim I think you might need to get from Canada.

DLS

Hi DLS

Just for reference do you know how much the lowering job costed you all togeher and how much the labor was at CAR NUTZ

pnsji
05-13-2003, 08:56 AM
dont be mad:mad: be happy:)

do not be a hater anc CHEAP ASS.
Low balling my car and then pretending like you own a C36?
Isn't it belong to your friend?
Don't be a poser when you do not have a C36.

jnolte
05-13-2003, 10:54 AM
do not be a hater anc CHEAP ASS.
Low balling my car and then pretending like you own a C36?
Isn't it belong to your friend?
Don't be a poser when you do not have a C36.

Hey pnsji

Me a hater???? Just because think UR ballin with your gimped out ride? Talkin like ur all that? U dont know me so don tbe talkin crap!!! I respect you and I think you have alot of knowladge in cars. I dont want to piss you off and i have much respect for you but dont talk crap and call me a cheap ass.

JRE320
05-14-2003, 12:51 AM
Do you have a pic of your 95 c36? Coz I wanna compare your C36 to another C36 w/c I read from the other forum that he's only a poser??????

kameraguy
05-14-2003, 09:27 AM
Wow, this WAS a pretty decent technical thread until it started to get personal for whatever reason.

I'm not a mod, but I do love this site. I would recommend we just stick to the facts and suggestions on dropping a C36.

btw- DLS, that's definitely the cleanest black C43 i've seen so far :) Now you and pnsji should roll together as w202 AMG black mafia!

pnsji
05-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by kameraguy
Now you and pnsji should roll together as w202 AMG black mafia!

yeah... I want to see his black AMG first tough .....
no picture = nothing...

kameraguy
05-14-2003, 10:20 AM
susanto, DLS posted a link to his car at the beginning of this thread....take another look ;)

Denlasoul
05-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the compliment Kam! Your car is equally impressive and you know how to take great pictures of it. I gotta settle with my cheapie digcam and compressed file! Notice how the wheels look bent. :(

Regards,
DLS

BTW, do you have the Euro turnsignals on your car? I cannot tell b/c the pics I have seen have the lights on and it could just be the bulb with a clear turnsignal.

pnsji
05-14-2003, 02:16 PM
susanto, DLS posted a link to his car at the beginning of this thread....take another look ;)

oh I know DLS has an AMG...
I am asking j nolte to post his :)

kameraguy
05-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Oh, ok! Let me clarify then. I meant it would be cool for you and DLS to cruise since you both have black AMGs with 18" monoblocks :)

Denlasoul
05-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Debadged too!

Man, I should just move down to Cali. It seems that is the place to be.

You guys have to many car laws though! ;)

DLS

pnsji
05-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Debadged too!

wahhahahahahaha
you need black grill now..

but wait... my monos are not the same boy! ;)

Denlasoul
05-14-2003, 02:56 PM
What are the specs on your wheels? I have an Avantgarde grill with the black inserts (as opposed to the stock gray).

Your car looks lower though. Maybe all the stereo equipment is giving you the extra tuck. ;)

pnsji
05-14-2003, 03:38 PM
What are the specs on your wheels? I have an Avantgarde grill with the black inserts (as opposed to the stock gray).

Your car looks lower though. Maybe all the stereo equipment is giving you the extra tuck. ;)

hahahah
just wait.. just wait.. pics will tell what happend :)

jnolte
05-14-2003, 05:35 PM
yeah... I want to see his black AMG first tough .....
no picture = nothing... \

I aint got a digital camera or nothin.... when i get some photos i will send em to you if you care so much

Denlasoul
05-14-2003, 09:02 PM
pnsji:

are you wheels in the sig pic polished?

oh yeah, hurry up with the pics the suspense is killing me! :dead:

pnsji
05-15-2003, 07:26 AM
pnsji:

are you wheels in the sig pic polished?

oh yeah, hurry up with the pics the suspense is killing me! :dead:

hehe just wait....
it will take some time because I am real busy nowadays....

kameraguy
05-15-2003, 07:27 AM
*cough* 18" AMG twinspoke *cough* :p

pnsji
05-15-2003, 10:55 AM
*cough* 18" AMG twinspoke *cough* :p

hahaha How do you know???? :eek:

kameraguy
05-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Actually I didn't, but it's not like you haven't tried to hide the fact you wanted them bad :p So I figure if you were gonna get new wheels, those would be the ones!

Eurosport
05-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Susanto,
you know those style iv's will look great on your car ;)

thanks again for doing that photoshop a few months back

pnsji
05-25-2003, 11:42 PM
hhehehhee
just wait ... just wait ... :D

coming up at june 15th GTG!!!!

Scotty-C190E
06-01-2003, 09:04 PM

My bad! Sorry bout that, I'll change it. I did not realize.