PDA

View Full Version : C36 Alignment problem?

cthirtysizzle
03-12-2004, 10:32 AM
So I had new tires/wheels put on about a week ago (18" monoblocks/bridgstone potenza 225/40/18 front 255/35/18 rear). I then had both my front left/right control arm bushings changed and had alignment done. When I got my car back, I noticed that it drifted to the right. It doesn't pull "hard" to the right, but it's definitely noticeable. I took my car back to the alignment place, they checked it out and said that it was my front camber that's off (due to my car being lowered). I have Eibach ProKit springs and pads #3 in front and #4 in back. Anyone have this problem? If it really is front camber, can it be corrected?

Rocky
03-12-2004, 12:12 PM
When you got he bushings done, did you tightened them while the car was sitting on the ground?

MB makes some cabler bolts, check the part number thread for them but they adjust maybe .5 a degree or so.

cthirtysizzle
03-12-2004, 12:28 PM
I have no idea. My benz mech. just told me to go buy some adjuster bolts, but I also just spoke to CKlasse who told me that my front camber should be adjustable.

cthirtysizzle
03-13-2004, 12:54 PM
So I got some caster adjustment bolts and went back to the alignment place. The guy who did my alignment spent like 30-45 min. adjusting these bolts and realigning my car. After everything was said and done he told me to drive it around the block and it still pulled to the right, not as hard, but still noticeably. One thing interesting he noted while installing my new alignment bolts was that the right side of my car had more pressure than the left side. He asked if my springs were cut (they're not). Maybe that's what's causing the problem. Anyone other theories? Has this happened to anyone before?

jnolte
03-13-2004, 01:37 PM
are u for sure the springs arnt cut?

maybe u need u shocks?

i have no idea

cthirtysizzle
03-13-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure if my springs are cut or not. I have never had my shocks changed on my car and I have 92k miles on them, but there aren't any signs that I can tell that they're bad or going bad.

manny
03-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Here is what I would do.
Measure from the centre of the wheel, to the cut-out of the fender.
Do it on both sides, should be the same.
If there is more than 1/4 " difference, either bring the low side up or drop the high side down, with a springpad.
I also question the accuracy of the alignment. You may want to try another shop, as I don't believe that camber has very much to do with straight-line performance.
FYI, all vehicles are required by law, to have a VERY SLIGHT pull to the right, in case the driver falls asleep.
Better to have him go in the right side ditch, then having him cross the centreline on the highway. No kidding !