PDA

View Full Version : New owner of 98 C43

toddmdfl
03-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I am the proud new owner of a 1998 C43 with 59k miles. Had the car looked at by mechanic before purchasing but I would like recommendations on what service I should have done immediately. Unfortunately the car did not come with any service records. I have searched the forums and it seems that a transmission fluid change is in order. Is there anything else? Also does anyone know where to buy a good service manual.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Denlasoul
03-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Welcome and congrats!

As with any car, you would want to look over the basics. I would check out the spark plus, wires, coil ends, the MAS sensor, airbox and filters. Have your brakes and coolant flushed, and change the oil to synthetic (in case you are not sure what's in there).

Basically, look over the important stuff that can easily be neglected.

For service manuals: Click me (http://www.books4cars.com) I know they have a manual for the C43.

Also, do some searches in the Repairs forum here at Club202, as well as the other MB forums out there. Chances are someone has had a problem with their car, and could apply to yours.

Lastly, contact some of the Members here. Many of us have good experience/knowledge/resources to help you out. :)

Regards,

DLS

jnolte
03-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Congrats on the C43!!

moedigga
03-13-2004, 02:25 PM
ya gotta love those 98's. what a great year enjoy her.-MOE