PDA

View Full Version : rubbing question

ryhi
03-15-2004, 10:28 PM
i have h&r's cut half a coil and 225/40/18 up front and it rubs when i turn. whenever going over uneven road/traintracks, my wheels seem as if they are hitting something (maybe inside of fenderwell?). can someone tell me if i need to roll the fenders or replace my spring pads to thicker ones?

JRE320
03-15-2004, 10:55 PM
How about the shocks? Did you replaced them? Or you've answer your own question about the pads.. :p ;)

manong
03-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Check you fendrer, you will see tire marks on it, if so, you gotta have your fendres rolled. But not everytime you have your fendres rolled cures the problem. Just like mine, it's just a matter of getting use of hearing your tires rubbing on your fenders.

Brabus
03-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Roll the fenders if you haven't already...

sanf
03-31-2004, 12:31 PM
mine hits the inner part... i can see a shinny part of the wheel-well/fender clearly caused by rubbing. I guess as long as it doesn't blow your tire and damage it too quickly.. it's fine, just have to get used to it.

SLAMMED_C
04-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Rubbing... yes I know that noise all too well!!
I have Eibach springs with #1 pads all around. 19" rims with 225/35/19's up front and 235/35/19's in the rear (just replaced my rear tires with 235's instead of 225's)
I've had these wheels for almost 2 years, and have had rubbing from the front only since I put them on.. I got used to it, but kinda rolled my front fenders a lil myslef to help with it, then when I put the new rear tires on earlier this week.. I now rub in the rear!! I had to slightly tweak n roll the rear fenders just behind the rear doors slightly.. I need to get my front and rear fenders rolled.. and my rear fenders flared! I could raise my car up.. but I love how it looks right now!!
I'm used to the nosie of rubbing.. n i kinda missed it when I had my winters on!!

C280 JR
04-03-2004, 10:22 AM
RYHI,
Post a picture of your front, i need to see a close up, the pics in the gallery dont to the justice since they are too far away, thanks

Elvir