PDA

View Full Version : Where is the proper place to put the German "D" sticker?

Under Pressure
03-19-2004, 12:43 AM
I just ordered one of those oval "D" (Deutschland/Germany) stickers for my POS C220. Where is the proper place to put these stickers on the car? Is there supposed to be a specific spot? Thanks!

BTW, I think this site should make those types of stickers with "202" written inside the oval instead of "D" or "GB" or whatever country is issuing them. Very EDM (European Domestic Market. Why let all the "JDM" kids have all the fun?)

marksbenz
03-19-2004, 04:46 AM
I put mine on the passenger side of the rear windshield

MrSpace
03-19-2004, 07:46 AM
If I remember correctly, it's on the trunk, on the driver's side

but check on the net i don't want to make a mistake

Etienne

RR58
03-26-2004, 04:39 AM
Here in Germany we dont have a specific spot to place the D-sticker. I hate that :mad: and dont have one on my car, but most placed it on the trunk.

cu
Ralf :cool:

jnolte
03-26-2004, 09:38 AM
your forehead

Brabus
03-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Yes, I think it's on the trunk next to the license plate, driver's side

Under Pressure
03-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
your forehead

I was thinking about putting it on my bare arse and walking around naked

MBenzNL
03-29-2004, 09:03 AM
in the trash!

We finally got rid of those stickers here in united europe...never liked those stickers and still don't like them.

greetingz,

Surf Blau
03-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
in the trash!

We finally got rid of those stickers here in united europe...never liked those stickers and still don't like them.

greetingz,

WORD! When I was a kid and we drove around in different countries, we just stuck the "N" on the inside of the rear window - I'd never ever want one of those on my car at least...

As regards placement; They are stuck everywhere - some even place them aaaaall the way on the bottom of the rear bumper, usually as close to centre as they manage.... They especially look good after a couple of years, after they have faded into a nice pee-yellowish colour...

Under Pressure
03-29-2004, 05:49 PM
YOu euro guys don't like it because you see it all the time. Its one of those "American-European" wanna-be things, like euro front plates, euro trunk lids, euro corner lights, euro this, euro that. Except the sticker only costs $2.

We in the US arent the only ones guilty, I know many Germans put the US Spec corners on thier cars, and stickers written in English (some that are incredibly stupid, like "Fast & Furious"). I even see the Japanese kids putting the US Spec front clips on their Integras, funny considering how every kid with an Integra in the US wants the Japanese front clips.

Anyway, its just a little sticker. I wish I had gotten a "BR" one since I am Brazilian, but they never existed for Brazilians in the real world (since only the European countries used these things).

Kühl Carbon
04-13-2004, 09:33 AM
When I lived in Germany, they had a brand of Jeans called "Uncle Sam". They were popular 'cause they thought everyone here in the states wore them. Obviously, we've never heard of them. The hilarity of mass marketing :p .

Hey L, if you stuck that thing where you are suggesting, I bet you would have many ppl wanting to guess, at that point, what the "D" stood for :p .

Brabus
04-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Uncle Sam... hahaha

jeans of the USA :p

josh k
04-13-2004, 03:53 PM
In Germany