PDA

View Full Version : SRS light probs?

GDawgC220
03-30-2004, 06:05 AM
hey all,

I've read a few members that have had the SRS light stay on for about two minutes then shut off?

I had that problem once in the passenger buckle, had it replaced for $300. A month later, the light comes back on and it's the drivers side. Same problem diagnosed, but declined at that time cuz i was low on $$$.

Never fixed it for about a year, they said it's a delay, so when that light is on, there's no SRS system. But once its out, it's fine.

Now that I go to my independent dealer for service, they told me that I should get that fixed...but they said it's expensive to replace the buckle, as i know. They said they would blow out the buckle and reset the light free of charge. They did it, been about two weeks now, light hasn't been back

So if your having the buckle prob, see if you can get your SA or mechanic to blow it out and reset the light! Thought i'd pass this along

adelaros
03-30-2004, 06:24 AM
What do they mean with Blow out the buckle??

Will this patch damage the security system of the car?

Originally posted by GDawgC220
They said they would blow out the buckle and reset the light free of charge. They did it, been about two weeks now, light hasn't been back

GDawgC220
03-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by adelaros
What do they mean with Blow out the buckle??

Will this patch damage the security system of the car?

I think what they meant was blow out the debris that could be stuck in there from over the years (lint, stuff from your jacket, leaving the sunroof open--> stuff from falling into it (pine needles, etc).