PDA

View Full Version : Becker Vs Alpine

Andrew C280
03-31-2004, 06:52 AM
How do you tell the difference between bekker and alpine decks and are they interchangable ?
reason being my dealer says i have an alpine but it looks identical to many that are beckers in europe i would like to get a becker indash cd player for my car just want to make sure it will fit.

vas2vas
03-31-2004, 07:41 AM
they look pretty much the same where the faceplate is conserned, and yes they're interchangeable... you can tell if you take them out and read the labels plus their back is not the same (becker is black, alpine is mettalic color)....

davis449
04-02-2004, 07:24 AM
The way to tell is the cheaper feeling buttons on the Alpine model. There's also a little more space between the buttons on the Alpine model cause they're rounded off a bit more.

Nazrat
04-02-2004, 06:00 PM
In my experience, you can tell if it's a Becker if it doesn't work. IMHO Mr. Coffee makes better radios than Becker.

I'm biased however. I've only owned one Alpine and it hasn't died, and I've only replaced 5 Beckers (with a 6th Becker still in place that won't let you lower the volume without turning the car off to reset it). I'm sure that others have had better and more positive experiences with Becker, but I'll stick to Sony, Clarion, Pioneer, etc.

-Tad

slowpoke
04-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Nazrat
In my experience, you can tell if it's a Becker if it doesn't work. IMHO Mr. Coffee makes better radios than Becker.

-Tad

hahahaha:p that's so darn true! my becker (stock '94 C220) turns on and off by itself...

sph17
05-14-2004, 06:13 AM
My SEEK Button broke. My MB Dealer told me to call Becker to get a replacement. The parts person at Becker had me pull the volume knob off and look at the shaft the knob goes on.

The Becker shaft has serations or finns, the Alpine has a smoth metal shaft. As per Becker, most of the C's have Alpine.

Now for my problem. Becker would have sold me the Seek button that is broken on my car, but it will not fit my Alpine. Alpine won't sell me the part that literally clips in and should cost less than $1.

Any one have any suggestions on where I could get just the SEEK button, without having to go to a junk dealer to get a head unit out of a junker?