PDA

View Full Version : Changing rear pads

indo1
04-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi guys, just installed H&R springs with #2 front and #3 rear pads, It looks good, but after looking at the car so many times;) , I feel like I need to put #2 at rear instead of #3. Since I got these installed at my local shop, I just hate to go there and pay them again just to change the pads. How hard is it to change them (rear) any special tools needed? Thanks for the input, please right click the X and click show picture, if the picture doesn't show up.http://www.roadfly.org/bmw/gallery/photos/photos-04-2004/2-6844770.JPG

manny
04-02-2004, 03:40 AM
You can change the rears yourself in about 45 minutes.
Do a search under " springpads ".
I did a detailed report about 5 - 6 weeks ago. ;)

indo1
04-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks Manny, But I still could not find the DIY for the rear pads, your thread explained mostly on front part of the suspension. Just got this car for about 4 weeks now, I just don't want to break anything in the process. Thanks again

cheers

jeremy

manny
04-02-2004, 12:15 PM
indo1

Here is the short version.
Place a jack directly under the pivotbolt of the rear lower "A" arm.
Bring the jack up, so it just touches the arm.
Remove the nut & bolt.
Once you get the nut off, you'll probably have to use a punch, to drive out the bolt.
Once the bolt is removed, lower the jack VERY SLOWLY.
The spring will extend while your'e letting the jack down, then it will fall out.
Replace the springpad with another, place the spring on the controlarm & jack it back up.
You may have to fiddle with the bolt a little bit, to get it back in ( align all the holes ).
Be careful. ;)

indo1
04-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks manny for the reply, gotta call BMA to get some pads:D